Pharmacy Rural (1 Viewer)

tofurkey

HSC
I (like thousands of others) am gonna try and do pharmacy, but the UAI is probably (definately) out of my reach. Does anyone know about Pharmacy (rural) at USYD? Is it worth it, or would it be better to do science or something and transfer?

Ta! :)

crazybrad

Pharmer
HSC
depending on where u live u can get 5 bonus uai marks to come to csu wagga to do b pharm, but trends with pharmacy are up and it was 97.45 last year so i could go higher next year. the way to transfer at csu is to do a b medical science and change after 1st year as you would only need to catch up on 1 subject (and its a very easy subject). last year i looked into pharm at orange and asked how easy it was to change campus, the response was not a desirable one.

yulia

i'm sorry for your face.
HSC
you should probably inquire about information about pharmacy rural, my boss (i work in a pharmacy) tells me that all rural pharmacy students from USYD are being switched to CSU, because CSU is taking over that part of the campus or something or other. i cant remember, but i saw something on the news about wagga having something to do with the orange campus, and the pharmacy students will now fall under csu.

however if its still the old system, i do know of people who have made the switch, but it's not easy, they really like you to have some solid reason why you have to go other than you just wanna live in sydney.

veanz

hath no fury
HSC
N/A
yulia said:
my boss (i work in a pharmacy) tells me that all rural pharmacy students from USYD are being switched to CSU, because CSU is taking over that part of the campus or something or other. i cant remember, but i saw something on the news about wagga having something to do with the orange campus, and the pharmacy students will now fall under csu.
actually the current orange pharmies are gauranteed a degree under USYD, so theyre not going to be transffered to a CSU pharm degree. this may not be the case for next year though.

the pharm fac at usyd maybe increasing their number of places up to 250, since the govt is letting loose of its control over univeristies, so the uai may decrease. (i know because ive spoken to the pharm dean about it)

if you want to transfer, choose something you like doing and think youre good at because its v competitive and you need a distinction average to be considered a transfer.
alot of ppl have previously transferred with science/med sci degrees but i dont think is a huge necessity.

tofurkey

HSC
...so doin' it at the rural campus isnt that bad?

I was just thinkin because im obviously not gettin 97 but with the 92 ot whatever at USYD rural (and a bonus :) ) i might get in. (maybe possibly perhaps)

but if not ill take the well beaten track of science and then transfer :D

thanks!

bex

HSC
csu is taking over the usyd orange campus but people will graduate under usyd up until 2005.. well thats what they said in our (csu) paper... regional uni isnt bad at all! its a lot of fun, you meet heaps of people and theres all the excitement of living away from home!

veanz

hath no fury
HSC
N/A
bex said:
regional uni isnt bad at all! its a lot of fun, you meet heaps of people and theres all the excitement of living away from home!
its not so bad for the first few months, but then you want a freakn decent home cooked meal and someone to do the dishes for you :eek:

bex

HSC
thats when you go home and chill out for a bit.. i find that holidays gives me enough of a break

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)