• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

PHIL1011 Essay. (1 Viewer)

HSC
So how are we all doing with the essay? No one seems to be talking about it on WebCT. Where are we meant to discuss it, now that the Reality forum has been removed? What topics have we all chosen?

Last edited:

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
perhaps write something about standing in the centrelink line???? cause thats where all philosophy majors end up !!!!!

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
i am the smoke monster *exhales cone*

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
I haven't started yet, I'm just gonna pad my plan.
Oh and I did the first question

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
hey finally people i can talk about this to.

I'm doing the first one...its not looking good. i did the paley one for the plan but there's jack all to talk about that...i gotta ramble for 2000 words (4 pages), aquinas has alot crap to talk about.

so, critically evaluate, the problem with the first one is, the reading is extremely biased to say aquinas is totally wrong so it's kinda hard to support it, so i'm going with against it, but that would basically require copying what's in the reader..

anyone else in my position or similar?

HSC
I'm happy someone is actually thinking seriously about this essay. It is worth 30% after all. I'm sorry I can't help you cos I'm doing the 3rd question but I'm practically regurgitating the course reader. May I ask what mark you got for the essay plan?

666_blessings

Hi! I'm Alan...
HSC
I did this unit last year. It's fun cos you can get away with saying all sorts of crazy stuff in the essay (e.g. that the universe was created by a dancing purple hippo)

HSC
666_blessings said:
I did this unit last year. It's fun cos you can get away with saying all sorts of crazy stuff in the essay (e.g. that the universe was created by a dancing purple hippo)
I'm being rather conservative. But thanks, now I'm gonna put something crazy and risque.

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
Iheartpaulfrank said:
I'm happy someone is actually thinking seriously about this essay. It is worth 30% after all. I'm sorry I can't help you cos I'm doing the 3rd question but I'm practically regurgitating the course reader. May I ask what mark you got for the essay plan?

yeah it seemed like no one was into it...im scared, 30% is alot. i got 70% for the essay plan, how about you?

Im also basically regurgitating the manual because there's JACK ALL about aquinas on the net, just his stupid book which i have to go buy (HELL NO!), so i'm lucky the biased version of aquinas' arguments is what i'm agreeing with. but i'm afraid i might get screwd with plaigarism because its quite similar even though i haven't copied anything..

a scared PHIL student...ANYONE?!

HSC
I'm scared too! I'm so over reading about Free Will! Who's gonna be marking it? I don't think it'll be the tutors, I assume it's DBM? Haha, I have no idea. Oh and I got a 69.

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
LOL, yeah it gets really really dry having to read the crap over and over again. I tried so hard to get to 1847 words, i can't write anymore. It's the first time ever that I'm under the word limit! I honestly hope I do well *fingers crossed*...GOOD LUCK ALL!

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
I started at 8pm last night and finished at about quarter to 11 this morning, along with 9 hours of sleep.
I'm awesome

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
my eyes went wide open till i read the last few words of your post. i too started at about 8pm, did it till about 11:30, slept for half an hour and forced myself to wake up and finished it at about 1:30...

i spoke to my tutor today, he said it doesn't matter if you're under the word limit, i was at 1847 and some other girl was at like 1600, he said that's allright, as long as you havent baffled on and included the relevant crap, you should be ok. 2000 is just a guideline, i sure hope that's true..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)