• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

PHYS 1001 & 1004 opinions? (1 Viewer)

Aysce

HSC
Hey guys.

So I'm planning on bridging Physics and doing PHYS 1001 and 1004. Can anyone offer opinions of these units regarding things like course difficulty, how interesting the content actually is and such? How much difficulty will I face having bridged physics? A lot?

And another question, is it possible for me to apply for CHEM 1901 if I have not done chemistry in the HSC? I'm learning HSC chem at the moment and I have found the prelim and HSC course very interesting! Obviously it isn't the same as uni but I've also looked through the course outlines of both CHEM 1101/1901 and it still interests me a lot having researched a few things. Would you recommend that I move to advanced (A user suggested I do at least one advanced unit and I'd like to do chemistry).

Much appreciated guys! :)

Peeik

HSC
Briefly, PHYS1001 is an intermediate unit and is quite a demanding course. It is more suited to students who have done HSC physics and gotten at least a band 5. It is highly recommended that you have done at least 2U mathematics; preferably extension 1/2.

PHYS1004 is a fundamental unit and it suited to students who have not done HSC physics. It is not a calculus based course and the math is not that hard.

CHEM1901 is suited for students who have gotten a band 6 in HSC chemistry. If you have not done chemistry CHEM1101 is more suited to you.

Hope this helps.

Aysce

HSC
Briefly, PHYS1001 is an intermediate unit and is quite a demanding course. It is more suited to students who have done HSC physics and gotten at least a band 5. It is highly recommended that you have done at least 2U mathematics; preferably extension 1/2.

PHYS1004 is a fundamental unit and it suited to students who have not done HSC physics. It is not a calculus based course and the math is not that hard.

CHEM1901 is suited for students who have gotten a band 6 in HSC chemistry. If you have not done chemistry CHEM1101 is more suited to you.

Hope this helps.
Hmmm for the GAMSAT I am required to have a year 12 knowledge of Physics. If that is the case with PHYS1001, then I might go with the fundamentals units but still unsure if it is a good move to do so. Opinion? I'm going to research these units right now.

Alright, I'll do CHEM 1101 and see how I do for the semester.

Thanks for the contribution :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)