• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

phys and chem (1 Viewer)

jlee

HSC
hey ppls
who does chem and physics and thinks phys is more intersting yet chem is easier to get marks...o and if more girls should do science

Emma-Jayde

Muahahahaha
HSC
My chem class of 16 has 6 guys
My physics class of 15 has 4 girls
I really couldn't care less about the guy:girl ratio in my classes though. Girls are way more bitchy. The guys are easy going and more fun to be in a class with.

But I enjoy chem more than physics, I love chemical reactions and carbon chemistry, and calculating moles, concentrations, enthalpy change, etc.
Although I enjoyed the space unit of physics, lots of calculations to be done.
(Can you tell I like the calculations side of things?...)

Also, I usually find it easier to b/s marks in physics. My chemistry teacher can always tell when we're making things up....

LostAuzzie

HSC
I do both Chem and Physics,
I like Chemistry better cuz I get better marks and I enjoy all the pracs
I think weve done 3 pracs this yr in Physics (the rest were teacher demonstrations) compared to the 3 a week we do in chem (In a good week that is)
Theres about an even ratio of boys to girls in both classes but very few girls do both physics and chemistry

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
Emma-Jayde said:
(Can you tell I like the calculations side of things?...)
you do mx2 and you like calculations...? *shock horror*

Dumsum

has a large Member;
HSC
Phys is piss easy in comparison to chem. The chemistry course has like twice as much content. Physics is "choose the right formula"...

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
Dumsum said:
Phys is piss easy in comparison to chem. The chemistry course has like twice as much content. Physics is "choose the right formula"...
which formula do you choose when the question states "Assess the societal and environmental impacts of electricity".

Goddamn it i only picked physics because i thought it would be just like having another 2u of maths, none of this verb shit... :/

Ghost1788

HSC
Jago said:
which formula do you choose when the question states "Assess the societal and environmental impacts of electricity".

Goddamn it i only picked physics because i thought it would be just like having another 2u of maths, none of this verb shit... :/
easy...P=(I^2)R
ie. energy loss to the environment...ie. heat

:rolleyes:

Actually Physics is easier of the two, i hate the chem mathematics cause you have to think about how you do stuff...physics is easy all you have to do is stick in a formula and bullshit about energy loss to accomodate for a seemingly wrong answer....

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
exactly, any halfwit can throw numbers into a formula. Need to put calculus into projectiles again. this 90% written, 10% calc shit is ridiculous.

nanashi

HSC
i reckon chem is easier, both for marks and understanding the stuff we need to know
some parts of phys is interesting, but sometimes the theory gets a bit complicated
for pracs, chem is much more fun and hands on rather than having to watch most of the demos the teacher has done for us

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)