• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

PHYS1001 -> PHYS1901 (1 Viewer)

DAAVE

HSC
Hey guys, this is a valid change right, PHYS1901 is just the advanced version of PHYS1001?

lukebennett

Happy Member
HSC
well i know 1001 is regular. and i know 1901 is adv. so i guess it is the adv version. it just seems strange cause other subs dont have a 0 as a second digit. like chem or bio for example

DAAVE

HSC
yeah lol I'm pretty sure. I'm just paranoid that if I change it my degree will explode into little pieces.

lukebennett

Happy Member
HSC
hehehe. i always have nightmares that something will go wrong with enrolment

LoneShadow

Uber Procrastinator
HSC
N/A
withoutaface said:
Its changeable, that's what I did.

It's changable if you have the UAI and HSC mark requirements to change to adv level. Otherwise you could get into a bit of a mess.

all units of study that has "9" as their second digit is adv of the regular unit of study wiht "9" replaced by a "0".

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
LoneShadow said:
It's changable if you have the UAI and HSC mark requirements to change to adv level. Otherwise you could get into a bit of a mess.

all units of study that has "9" as their second digit is adv of the regular unit of study wiht "9" replaced by a "0".
Took like 15 mins to wander over to the sci faculty and get a blue permission form, and the physics guy initialled it as soon as he saw my maths marks and UAI.

LoneShadow

Uber Procrastinator
HSC
N/A
withoutaface said:
Took like 15 mins to wander over to the sci faculty and get a blue permission form, and the physics guy initialled it as soon as he saw my maths marks and UAI.

lol.......:D...smarty pants.......the guy who was signing the blue forms asked me wat course I was doing.....when I answered B Sc (Adv)...he just signed it...nothing else asked.

DAAVE

HSC
oh k guys say im doing the BE/BSc and I'm enrolled only in the engineering faculty, I have all the prereqs necessary to do the Phys advanced course, how do i go about changing it from regular to advanced?

Who do I speak to at the uni?

LoneShadow

Uber Procrastinator
HSC
N/A
DAAVE said:
oh k guys say im doing the BE/BSc and I'm enrolled only in the engineering faculty, I have all the prereqs necessary to do the Phys advanced course, how do i go about changing it from regular to advanced?

I don't think u have to talk to someone...but since there's a permision slipt to be signed...I think u might have to have it signed when uni starts to avoid any mess.

you can change it @ myUni.

MyUni -> MyStudy -> [left menu]
SelfAdmin ->Enrolment Variations 2005 ->Update ->Continue -> [then tick the one you want to drop and click "save changes" then "Add Unit of Study" to add another]

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
DAAVE said:

Go to the faculty office, get a form printed out (kind of like the letter they sent with only course details), get it signed off by the advisor relevant to your stream and just hand it back to the office.

Collin

HSC
N/A
It's different topics aswell.. e.g 1901 do Chaos theory while 1001 does not.

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
hey collin, did u do phys1901 as well??? =p i kinda forgot...

DAAVE

HSC
Hey I just changed PHYS1001 to PHYS1901 online on myadmin or whatever its called.

anyway, the following came up:

PHYS 1001 1 Physics 1 (Regular) Withdrawn 6
Delivery Mode: Normal (lecture/lab/tutorial) Day
Campus : Camperdown/Darlington

PHYS 1901 1 Physics 1A (Advanced) Enrolled 6
Delivery Mode: Normal (lecture/lab/tutorial) Day
Campus : Camperdown/Darlington
so is that complete? do I need to sign any forms or anything like that? it didn't seem to check my prereqs or anything so i dont know whats going on...

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
yes that's complete... keep taht as ur record tho... if any dispute should arise, u have the proof that u r right and uni's wrong...

Jase

HSC
what about doing extreme beginner's chem and bio and then moving up to advanced as you progress through the year? do you think that's possible?

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
doubt it... unless u are extremely bright in ur beginner stream...

normally, u will need to get cr or distinction to move to adv stream...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)