PHYS1121/1131 Test 2 (1 Viewer)

philz

HSC
ok, test 2 is supposed to cover waves/thermal topics, as taught in weeks 7-12

however ..
http://www.phys.unsw.edu.au/COURSES/FIRST_YEAR/exam_papers.html
gives me very .. different test for test 2.

it seems to focus on electrical topics

ive had a look around the other tests on the page and they seem to not cover waves/thermal either. can someone redirect me to the true past papers for waves/thermal or tell me whats up with the other papers?

Morbo

HSC
Because of the new 12 week semester, they have changed the PHYS1121/1131 courses from previous years. Check the PHYS1121 Announcements Page on WebCT to see which questions are relevant in previous past exam papers.

philz

HSC
The syllabus for Physics/Higher Physics 1A changed as a result of the change from a 14-week to a 12-week semester. Some material that was taught in the 1A course has now moved to the 1B course (mainly electric & magnetic fields), while other material that was in the 1B course is now part of the 1A course (waves and oscillations). Thus there are no past exam papers which include the complete syllabus being covered in the second part of this session. You will need to look at past papers from both the 1A and 1B courses to find the range of material now covered.

In particular, for past questions on Thermal Physics, past exam papers for PHYS1121/1131 Test 1 include questions on this topic. Note also that they cover Mechanics & Dynamics as well, which was taught in the first half of session.
For past questions on Waves and Oscillations, please refer to past papers for PHYS1221/1231 Test 1 (ie the Physics 1B course). Note also that question on Light are also in these papers, which in not on your syllabus, but is still covered in the 1B course.

Past Test papers are available from the link for "Exam Papers" from the main First Year Physics website.
true that. ta. still, its a pretty radical syllabus change i must say

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)