• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Physical Journey Assessment (1 Viewer)

jEsssIcαA♥

HSC
hey.. i need help! for our assessment we had to find 7 related texts to physical journeys and the poetry of peter skrzynecki and we could only use one of a certain source type.. so only one film, poem, book etc.
i am really stuck trying to find a book that relates to both! any help? =]

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
Check at your local library.. there are heaps of novels on this!
One of my favourites would be section Two of Jean Craighead-George's 1972 Novel "Julie of The Wolves".
Basically she leaves home in order to have an arranged marriage with an Eskimo boy.. the marriage ends up being oppressive and she runs away to live with a pack of wolves.
It's good because it's full of similes/metaphors/visual imagery (hey, that's your three techniques straight up!) and it's not too hard to understand.
Good Luck!

x.kuuro.hana.x

HSC
Try looking through some of the other posts, one posted by hawk-something gave a fairly detailed list of which text relates to which poem and how...
for example, LOTR feloship (1st one) or Deltora Quest for Leaving Home. if you need more detailed help, ask me, because explaining it will help me sort out in my head what i need to write for my assesement task essay.:)

jEsssIcαA♥

HSC
thanks =]
does LOTR the fellowship relate to more than one of peter skrzyneckis poems? i want to try and connect as many as possible...

gm.haider3000

HSC
hey a really easy peom is andys gone with cattle by henry lawson pretty simple that what im doing but cant seem to find a good movie can some 1 help me

x.kuuro.hana.x

HSC
good movies for journeys:

elizabeth town

LOTR

umm....

anything can fit for journeys really. you just need to know how it fits.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)