Physical Journey Definition (1 Viewer)

C

CaR

Could someone please give me a definition of physical journeys besides the one from BOS? ThanQ >__<"

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
"A journey is the act of travelling from a departure point to a destination. Physical journeys in particular encompass this rudimentary process however, the physical journey is much more than that. It is an amalgamation of the physical movement and the challenges and obstacles which can face the traveller emotionally and spiritually. The result of the journey then is often a better understanding of themselves and the world around them"

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
no problem. Actually, thats just adapted from the BOS one. :)

This one is a definition which is a little more sophisticated because it incorporated the question which was about inner nourishment, however, it is bad because it doesn't emphasise physical journeys

"A physical journey entails the corporeal movement from one place to another. This journey often involves an inner journey as well, a journey into the mind allowing the person to gain a better understanding of themselves and the world around them by conquering obstacles which are often placed in their path. This gained knowledge is inner nourishment – learning about oneself and using the knowledge to better as a person. "

this is the same as the other. The question said something about journeys all involving pain but ultimatley being a blessing. again, there isn't a strong enough emphasis on physical journeys, which is imperative for our focus

"A journey is the act of travelling from one place to another whether physically, intellectually or emotionally, during which the traveller may encounter obstacles and challenges which will transform themselves and the world around them. These obstacles and challenges can often cause pain and suffering but ultimately leads the traveller to a better understanding of self and is therefore a blessing. "

hope this helps. try not to copy mine straight off!!

Taz-j

Key features of a physical Journey
* Obsticles
* Movement to places
* Choices
* Challenges
* Travelling from one place to the next (A to B)

Prevides traveller with:
* chance to expand ones self
* inner challenges
* intellectually challenging
* emotionally challengling

Makes the traveller:
* Learn about themselves more
* Learn about the world around them
* Discover new culture and ways of life
* Branch out and personally I would say learn to love life!

Hope it helps a bit for those last minuters!

unfoolish

HSC
can i use that?

hey,
iv been reading all the things that everyones posting- and its all really good!.. i was just wondering, did u all make it up?, is it from a book- cause im worried if i use it and my teachers recognise it from sumwhere familiar, then im screwd!
thx

Aeolior

HSC
Umm, what exactly is your question.

I doubt it would be "Define the term Physical journeys, and relate any ideas relevant to this area of study"

For you can use this information, everyone plagiarises, but the important thing is not to plagiarise exactly the same information, (like copy and paste), only copy other people's ideas if you have to, but not word for word. Of course, if you have your own info, and more original the teacher would look at it and say "Wow, this kid really understands the concept of physical ideas, not only does he state the definiton precisely, but extends further than that, by questioning the physical journey definition itself"

murphj

HSC
Thankyou guys! Very helpful on writing some basic notes on phys journeys :)

Edit: Sorry, old topic...

imGLAM

HSC
Taz-j said:
Key features of a physical Journey
* Obsticles
* Movement to places
* Choices
* Challenges
* Travelling from one place to the next (A to B)

Prevides traveller with:
* chance to expand ones self
* inner challenges
* intellectually challenging
* emotionally challengling

Makes the traveller:
* Learn about themselves more
* Learn about the world around them
* Discover new culture and ways of life
* Branch out and personally I would say learn to love life!

Hope it helps a bit for those last minuters!

EXCELLENT! i will be referring back to this when writing about physical journeys. thankyou!

name1

HSC
You guys saved me, i have a massive speech on this and i need to encorporate it in2 my stimulus away" by michael Gow. brilliant people!
cheers

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)