• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Physics as a requirement for university? (1 Viewer)

Pacism

HSC
How much is Physics relied on for degrees in university, and if a lot, which ones specifically? Because I'm finding physics extremely boring and mind-numbing (i know a lot of people find it fun though) and I want to switch subjects (we're allowed to in the first few weeks of year 11) If I don't do physics and want to do a degree that requires it in uni, will i be blocked from that degree completely? Or is there a way to get around it. The only reason I would keep physics is as a way to satisfy prerequisites for uni. Should I keep it even though I hate it?

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
all engineering degrees have hsc physics as a prerequisite.

if you didnt study physics, then some uni's offer a bridging course that brings you up to date with what you need to know (but it'd cost around $400ish upfront [depending on uni]).

martinc

HSC
Usually, if physics is required, then that course evidently involve a lot of physics. Therefore, you should further look at the course to see if you can stand the amount of physics content first. If you think you'd be better off and able to gain a higher mark in other courses then go for it and do a bridging course :)

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
Do chem over physics generally as physics more theory based whereas uni physics is apparently 85% maths if both are assumed knowledge.

Do MX1 or MX2 over physics if they're assumed and MX2 or at least MX1 if you're doing engineering.

If maths/engineering degree, do MX2 over chem. If science degree do chem/MX1/MX2.

Otherwise, do bridging courses. Gluck with maths bridging courses though...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)