• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Physics or IPT? (1 Viewer)

Which subject should I carry on with?

• Physics

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • IPT

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters

hoftos

HSC
Hey guys, I have been thinking about this question for a pretty long time and now that I have started the HSC course i need an answer! I have 13 Units contributing to an ATAR, and I wish to withdraw from one of these subjects but I am not sure which one... I know its up to me but if you guys could just give me your opinion on Physics and IPT in Year 12 it would really help me.
My subject teacher recommended that i withdraw from Physics as I am going the worst in it, but honestly I did not try that hard in Year 11. Also, i am not going so well in IPT and it really confuses me.

physics - good teacher, interesting, but going bad

ipt - bad teacher, boring, going better than physics...

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
Hey guys, I have been thinking about this question for a pretty long time and now that I have started the HSC course i need an answer! I have 13 Units contributing to an ATAR, and I wish to withdraw from one of these subjects but I am not sure which one... I know its up to me but if you guys could just give me your opinion on Physics and IPT in Year 12 it would really help me.
My subject teacher recommended that i withdraw from Physics as I am going the worst in it, but honestly I did not try that hard in Year 11. Also, i am not going so well in IPT and it really confuses me.
physics - good teacher, interesting, but going bad
ipt - bad teacher, boring, going better than physics...
How much better are you at IPT then phy? Physics scales much higher then IPT.

Amundies

Commander-in-Chief
HSC
Uni Grad
I'd say keep Physics. You have a good teacher, you're interested in it, and you can certainly do better than last year if you tried. The combination of those 3 is pretty much all that I would need to say for you to keep Physics.

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Advantages of Physics: good teacher, you like it, it scales better and hence, you can do well with it if you put in the work.

Seems like a no-brainer to me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)