Piano Teaching/Tutoring for younger Grades =] (1 Viewer)

Grubsy

HSC
** Piano Teaching/Tutoring for younger Grades **

Hello Everyone, my name is Richard and I recently graduated from James Ruse Agricultural High School.

I will be holding private 1on1 piano/music theory lessons for people of all abilities, preferably from beginner to 8th Grade levels.

Location: At my house in North Parramatta (unfortunately I currently do not hold a driver's licence, otherwise transport to other regions within Western Sydney would not be an issue)

Brief Summary of Achievements:
  • A+ for every AMEB piano grade attempted (3rd, 4th, 6th, 7th, 8th)
  • AmusA with Distinction in classical piano (2006)
  • Won numerous prizes at local Eisteddfords
  • Selected to play solo piano for Hon. Marie Bashir at NSW State Parliament House (2009)
  • Nominated for HSC Encore Concert (2009)
  • Won "The Hills Shire Excellence in Youth Performing Arts Award" (2009)
  • Auditioned for and received role of jazz pianist in 2009 NSW Performing Arts Unit Jazz Orchestra
  • Won Division 1 National Youth Stage Band Championships with jazz orchestra. Performances at key events, including the HSC Encore Concert, the Sydney Festival of Instrumental Music (both at the Sydney Opera House), the Arts Unit Showcase Concert (Seymour Theatre), the Saturday Night Concert at Mt. Gambier, the Darling Harbour Jazz Festival, the Manly Jazz Festival and the TDP Graduation ceremony (at Sydney Entertainment Centre).
  • Took part in recording session (played Keyboard Parts) with John Foreman to produce the song "The Music is Everything" as part of the National School Music Advocacy Program "Music. Count Us In." (2009
  • Honours/Distinctions in all Musicianship Grades attempted (2nd, 3rd, 5th, 6th)
I have taught five students before from 2005-2008. My only student to have attempted an AMEB exam scored an A in 4th Grade.

I am also willing to help out ie. (answer hard questions and explain harder concepts) to younger grades (years 7-10) with all subjects (preferably maths/science though).

My HSC results were:

Chemistry 91/100 91/100 91 6
English (Advanced) 89/100 93/100 91 6
English Extension 1 45/50 45/50 45 E4
Mathematics Extension 1 96/100 96/100 96 E4
Mathematics Extension 2 92/100 92/100 92 3 E4
Music 2 94/100 92/100 93 6
Music Extension 1 50/50 50/50 50 E4

I received an ATAR of 99.50.

Prices:

Piano Lessons
Negotiable but generally $40 an hour, $25 for half an hour

Note: I am also willing to teach Western, Popular and Mainstream music pieces. I have a substantial collection of Motown classics, broadway songs, pop music, Disney Music, all time greatest love songs and jazz standards. If you are a beginner, obviously we'll be better off starting with piano basics and music theory before we move on to that kind of stuff so you will have a good foundation to build your music knowledge upon :)

Helping Out with School Subjects
Negotiable but generally $25 an hour (of course will be willing to go overtime given I am free that day and that you are a committed student =D)

Please do not hesitate to pm me for more information. Also, feel free to email me richardniall@hotmail.com if you have any other queries. I look forward to hearing from you guys :)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)