piip questions. not quite questionnaire yet (1 Viewer)

schamoozlers

HSC
Hey guys. well im finally getting under way with my pip and now i need the help of my fellow PIPers.. please answer these questions, and give suggestions about how i can make them better... by the way my topic is 'emotions in music, why do we cry so much when we hear a song?... pulling on the heart chords'

What in your opinion makes a powerful song?

Why do u think it is easier to remember lyrics to songs than it is to remember maths equations or something equally useful?

Do we relate to lyrics or melodies? Why?

Do you associate your favourite song with a period in your life (context)? If so was it easier to find a song for a good or bad time?

Why do you think that dance songs make us dance and ballads make us cry?

What song evokes the most emotions for you.......why?

Thank you.. i love you all dearly!!

Kulazzi

HSC
What in your opinion makes a powerful song?

One that has meaningful lyrics, along with good music (for example, most RnB songs deal with b/f-g/f issues, rap songs deal with the rapper's own personal life)

Why do u think it is easier to remember lyrics to songs than it is to remember maths equations or something equally useful?

Because we have modern technology, such as radio, cd and mp3 players, that allows us to listen to music 24/7 no matter where we are whereas there are hardly any radio stations or cds that keeps replaying maths formulaes or such mainly because they are boring to listen to in comparison to music. In today's society, we have access to such resources which allows us to entertain ourselves

I guess lyrics because most ppl sing a long and then somehow just manage to memorise the whole album, after the song is repeatedly played on cd/mp3 player or on different radio stations.

Do you associate your favourite song with a period in your life (context)? If so was it easier to find a song for a good or bad time?

No, not really.

Because dance music is fast, has a beat that makes you want to move physically and jump up and down whereas ballads are looong and slooow, therefore it is not really appropriate to dance to ballads however you can express your emotions through facial expressions

I think dance music, because it makes me happy because of the beat that is associated with it as well as the music. I also love dancing (but I don't practice it as much). It expresses a joyful, happy and feel free environment :D

pirotess4

HSC
N/A

A song that not only has good music but has lyrics that you can really relate to and apply within your own life. A song where you can really understand and relate to the singer - it makes you feel less alone in the world and that is a great feeling especially when you're depressed

Like above, if you can relate to them you're going to want to learn the lyrics and sing it to yourself in your head and besides we're forced to remember these things but songs and their lyrics are like an escape from our ordinary life and we like to listen to music to relax and calm ourselves down.

Yeah i've already answered this question :p

Yeah i do associate a lot of songs with a period in my life it's what helps me to get through them. It's easier to find a song for a bad time actually because it's then when you feel the most alone.

Dancing releases endorphines and makes people happy (apparently) this is why i think it is anyways. Ballads make us cry because again subconsciously we relate them to a period in our life when we've felt depressed and then empathise and feel for these people - thus making us cry

Evanescence songs because i can relate so many of them to my own life. A definete number one song would have to be Brandy "another day in paradise" because i listen to it when i'm depressed so i can still be grateful for what i do have that others dont

Hope i helped!!
GOOD LUCK!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)