• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Pip help! (1 Viewer)

nabzilla

HSC
Well we'll be starting the PIP pretty soon and everyone, but me, seems to be really into it and know what they'll be doing or have a rough idea. I still don't know. Any suggestions?

HSC
Uni Grad
Meh, I'll just leave it till the night before...

I'd probably do internet culture.

XxpunkcessxX

HSC

Leaving it to the last night wouldn't be the best choice i did that with my Cafs major and failed it cause methodologies weren't done right.

So with the PIP id do it over the time u have.

HSC
Stay clear from the ones that are overused. We are constantly told not to do those and do something you really will enjoy and like doing, also do one that you will like to the very end of the pip too.

XxpunkcessxX

HSC
stay clear from the ones that are overused. We are constantly told not to do those and do something you really will enjoy and like doing, also do one that you will like to the very end of the pip too.
agreed so over hearing botu p platers from mrs

nabzilla

HSC
Stay clear from the ones that are overused. We are constantly told not to do those and do something you really will enjoy and like doing, also do one that you will like to the very end of the pip too.
oh ok. what could an example of one of these unique topics be?

HSC
oh ok. what could an example of one of these unique topics be?
Overused topic: P platers and body image :hammer:

Unique topic: (This is my PIP topic) "R-E-S-P-E-C-T find out what it means to generation Y and the baby boomer generation" An insightful look into the change of respect over generation y and the baby boomers. :uhhuh:

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
Unique topic: (This is my PIP topic) "R-E-S-P-E-C-T find out what it means to generation Y and the baby boomer generation" An insightful look into the change of respect over generation y and the baby boomers. :uhhuh:
mmmmm this isn't really a unique topic tbh, gen x/y/baby boomer comparisons are very common. Not to say you can't do well with it, plenty of people do.

nabzilla

HSC
Overused topic: P platers and body image :hammer:

hmm that is pretty unique. :) thanks for that. say if i were to do that topic what research methods would i use?

HSC
hmm that is pretty unique. :) thanks for that. say if i were to do that topic what research methods would i use?
No problem :)

the methodologies I am using are interview, focus group and questionnaires. You have another 4-6 months before you should be deciding on a PIP topic, so just have a empty book and brainstorm ideas into it :)

Existential

HSC
N/A

lol not dropping it now? thread browsing ftw XD

@ the thread in question - dw, you dont need to know until XMAS this year and even then people change their minds term 1-2.... so relax... for now XD

nabzilla

HSC
No problem :)

the methodologies I am using are interview, focus group and questionnaires. You have another 4-6 months before you should be deciding on a PIP topic, so just have a empty book and brainstorm ideas into it :)
ahh ok. wow thanks! ^^

@ Existential Oh i know. I'm just really disorganised so I'd love to be prepared as soon as possible. :D

nabzilla

HSC
LOL No not really, hence the thread. But I did have an idea like how teenage culture and life is shaped from their upbringing and i was going to use barbie as an example because of her figure. But that's really broad and killer-cupcakes said to steer clear of body image topics. But i don't know. Is that a good topic to do?

HSC
LOL No not really, hence the thread. But I did have an idea like how teenage culture and life is shaped from their upbringing and i was going to use barbie as an example because of her figure. But that's really broad and killer-cupcakes said to steer clear of body image topics. But i don't know. Is that a good topic to do?
Its a good topic, but you must be able to expand and broaden on it. Also just keep brainstorming topics you find interesting into a journal

gevans

HSC
N/A
there is one good approach - do something you are interested in - if you aren't interested in much then go and buy a newspaper and read it until you find a story that gets your attention - then stop - why did it get your attention? can you turn it into a question? why is facebook so popular? why did they have a quit facebook day? why were there protests in Bangkok and why do they wear red or yellow? Is humour culturally specific? or are there universal jokes/humour? can you compare Big Bang Theory with Inbetweeners? etc etc

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)