• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

PIP ideas??? (1 Viewer)

JE4034

HSC
Hi!

I've been thinking of doing my pip somehow relating to the rise and influence of Asian culture (e.g. Kpop and Anime) in Australia in the 21st century but can't think of how to narrow this down? Any ideas/advice would be great!

bec3

HSC
Influence on who exactly?
Perhaps compare this to age groups, how it effects teens, adults, the aged etc.
It could be related back to the original Asian influx (for lack of a better term!!) into Australia and how the mentality surrounding this (the white Australia policy for example) has carried on to opinions about Asian pop culture
Perhaps narrow it to an area: western sydney for example?

Good luck!

chrisky

HSC
This is a good general idea to begin with, and it has resulted in some award-winning PIPs in the last two years at least. don't let this deter you however, as you will undoubtedly approach it from your own individual insight and rather let it encourage you that it is an area where valuable PIP research is being undertaken.
I suggest you do some initial secondary research to try narrow it down, as this will give you a unique and informed perspective which will give you avenues through which you can make it more specific as it will give you more ideas which you were unaware of. I disagree with narrowing it down to a specific area though, as it don't think its very relevant but you could refine the groups you focus on such as Asian-Australia's, adolescent girls, etc.
Best of luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)