PIP Questionnaire:term 'Generations' and what it means to Australian Society. (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wilted.sour

HSC
I know this is a bit late. But this my last desperate attempt to get more of a variety of ppl completing these for me. If you could fill out the thing below. And post it back to this thread. Or email it to wilted.sour@gmail.com I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you!

My PIP surrounds the notion of generations (the term itself and generation labels like Baby boombers, Generation X and generation Y) and what it means to Australian society (how it does/doesnt impact/affect etc). If you have the time to fill out the thing below reading the instructions above on how to go about it. Like I said before it would be MUCHLY appreciated. :p All of us here know how the PIP can get the best of us sometimes. But some are lucky and tame the beast I however am not as successful. I'm just trying to appease mine.

=]

--------------------------

PIP Generations Questionnaire

Name:
Educational Level:
Ethnicity:

Open-ended questions:

1. Are you familiar with the terms 'baby boomer', 'generation X' and 'generation Y'? Please offer your opinions about them.

2. What does the concept of 'generation' mean to you?

3. Do you feel you belong to a particular generation? If so, can you describe in what way, and how it affects you?

4. What do you believe is the defining characteristic of your generation?

5. What is your perception of your parent's generation and the generation of your grandparents?

6. How do you perceive the generation that came after you? (If this is not relevant to you, discuss what you believe the generation after you may be like in the future.)

7. Have you ever experienced a 'generation gap'? What does it mean to you?

8. In your own words please offer an explanation as to the popularity of the term 'generation' as a description of a set group of people.

9. What is your opinion of the notion of 'intergenerational conflict'?

Close-ended Questions:

To these statements please answer with this Key:

1 =Strongly Agree. 2 =Agree. 3 =Neutral/Not Sure. 4 =Disagree. 5 =Strongly Disagree.

10. People aged between 45 and 65 are over-represented in Australian society.

11. Those aged in there 20s and under are more adept at technology.

12. 30-somethings attitudes can be characterised by cynism, irony and apathy.

13. 30-somethings find it difficult to advance further within the workplace due to the presence of those aged 45 to 65.

14. 30-somethings feel less secure about their place in the world then those aged between 45 to 65, and those in their 20s and under.

15. Australian institutions are dominated by people over 45.

16. People in there 20s and under have no interest in politics.

-------------------

<3 Mia.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Educational Level: High School
Ethnicity: Chinese

Open-ended questions:

1. Are you familiar with the terms 'baby boomer', 'generation X' and 'generation Y'? Please offer your opinions about them.
Yes, I am aware of those terms.
2. What does the concept of 'generation' mean to you?
To me it means time period.
3. Do you feel you belong to a particular generation? If so, can you describe in what way, and how it affects you?
I feel I'm in the generation of technological change and scientific development. It makes me feel superior to previous generations.
4. What do you believe is the defining characteristic of your generation?
Technology,
5. What is your perception of your parent's generation and the generation of your grandparents?
My parents were in the generation of the baby boomers. My grandparents gave birth to them.
6. How do you perceive the generation that came after you? (If this is not relevant to you, discuss what you believe the generation after you may be like in the future.)
Probably even more technologically advanced than my generation.
7. Have you ever experienced a 'generation gap'? What does it mean to you?
No I haven't.
8. In your own words please offer an explanation as to the popularity of the term 'generation' as a description of a set group of people.
A group of people from a particular point in time.
9. What is your opinion of the notion of 'intergenerational conflict'?
People from older generations should try to change and adapt to the new.

Close-ended Questions:

To these statements please answer with this Key:

1 =Strongly Agree. 2 =Agree. 3 =Neutral/Not Sure. 4 =Disagree. 5 =Strongly Disagree.

10. People aged between 45 and 65 are over-represented in Australian society.
11. Those aged in there 20s and under are more adept at technology.
12. 30-somethings attitudes can be characterised by cynism, irony and apathy.
13. 30-somethings find it difficult to advance further within the workplace due to the presence of those aged 45 to 65.
14. 30-somethings feel less secure about their place in the world then those aged between 45 to 65, and those in their 20s and under.
15. Australian institutions are dominated by people over 45.
16. People in there 20s and under have no interest in politics.

wilted.sour

HSC
Thank you heaps for doing it! I wish I got more back but at least I got one! woot.

<3Mia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)