PiP questionnaire (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeeJay

You can find me in any of several red light distr
HSC
Hey im in year 12 and chose 2 do society and culture. I have to start writing my pip soon, but first i need to put my survey out there, so im posting it here :) It would be great if you could take the time to go thru and fill out the questionnaire for me. feel free to express your own opinions where necessary and thanks agen.
The topic I have chosen is capital punishment, with the main focus area being whether or not it is effective in reducing crime rates, as well as how it is viewed by members of society

Question 1. What is your definition of Capital Punishment?

Question 2. What do you say to the argument that the death penalty is an important tool for a state to fight crime?

Question 3. From your perspective, and by what is presented by different organizations (eg. Government, media, etc), do you believe capital punishment has been effective in reducing crime rates? Yes or No answer, provide comments if you wish.

Question 4. Should capital punishment be re-introduced in Australia for more serious crimes (eg. Rape, murder and repeat offenders) ? Yes or No answer, provide comments if you wish.

Question 5. Should Australian citizens caught breaking the law in other countries be sentenced to death if the government of that country has the death penalty imposed for the crime committed? Yes or No answer, provide comments if you wish.

Question 6. Is the government which imposes the death penalty taking on the role of God, although the bible requires the death penalty for a wide variety of crimes including sex before marriage, adultery, homosexual behaviour and murder? Yes or No answer, provide comments if you wish.

Question 7. Does everyone, the murderer no less than the victim, have an I prescriptive right to life? Yes or No answer, provide comments if you wish.

Question 8. What do you say to those countries which claim that calling for a worldwide moratorium on capital punishment is in effect another attempt by the west to “impose their cultural values on us”?

Question 9. Do you believe there are better ways to manage crime, other then the death penalty?

Thank you for taking the time to complete this survey :)

groovychacha

HSC
Re: PiP questionnaire - ANSWERS!

Question 1.What is your definition of Capital Punishment?
Absolute punishment. State punishment with the intent to kill.

Question 2. What do you say to the argument that the death penalty is an important tool for a state to fight crime?
I think that it is just as bad for the state to kill people. If they are trying to punish people, eg murderers for the crimes that they have committed then it is not fair for the state to commit murder.

Question 3. From your perspective, and by what is presented by different organizations (eg. Government, media, etc), do you believe capital punishment has been effective in reducing crime rates? Yes or No answer, provide comments if you wish.
No, it has been proven that punishment is no deterrent, as the person does not think of the consequences while they are committing the crime.

Question 4. Should capital punishment be re-introduced in Australia for more serious crimes (eg. Rape, murder and repeat offenders) ? Yes or No answer, provide comments if you wish.
No

Question 5. Should Australian citizens caught breaking the law in other countries be sentenced to death if the government of that country has the death penalty imposed for the crime committed? Yes or No answer, provide comments if you wish.
Yes, we must follow the laws and traditions of other countries if Australians are visiting there. The Australian governtment should not interfere with overseas policy. It seems that the Australian government does not care about capital punishment unless it affects one of their own citizens, which is selfish.

Question 6. Is the government which imposes the death penalty taking on the role of God, although the bible requires the death penalty for a wide variety of crimes including sex before marriage, adultery, homosexual behaviour and murder? Yes or No answer, provide comments if you wish.
No, government and religion are entirely separate issues and should remain that way.

Question 7. Does everyone, the murderer no less than the victim, have an I prescriptive right to life? Yes or No answer, provide comments if you wish.

Depends on each individual case. If the murderer shows remorse and is willing to make a contribution to the community etc then they should have some other form of punishment

Question 8. What do you say to those countries which claim that calling for a worldwide moratorium on capital punishment is in effect another attempt by the west to “impose their cultural values on us”?
I agree, but i think that it is necessary to stop capital punishment.

Question 9. Do you believe there are better ways to manage crime, other then the death penalty?

Yes. What if the person that was put to death is innocent?? They cannot simply be brought back...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)