• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Planning on Human Resources. Which Masters Program? (1 Viewer)

kathmustdie

HSC
N/A
Just recently graduated with a B.A. degree in Psychology in India and i plan on pursuing Human Resources for a career. I am looking for 2 year master program and not exactly looking for an MBA right now.

So far, i found the following courses attractive to my liking (mind you all of them are for 2 years)

1. Masters of Commerce in University of Sydney (with a specialization in human resources; USyd had a Masters program in HR and IR of 1.5 years however the specialization in the commerce covers all the core and elective subjects in the HRM masters of University of Sydney)

2. Masters Of Commerce (with a specialization in human resources) in university of new south wales

3. Masters of Business (with a specialization in Human resources) in University of Queensland.

4. Masters of commerce (with a specialization in Human Resources and Employment Relations) in University of Western Australia.

Are any of these programs good if i were to consider a career in Human Resources later on? Are they Reputed/well recognized?

enoilgam

HSC
Bumping an old thread here, but when it comes to HR, your uni qualifications are really just a qualifier more than anything else. Either one of those Masters programs would be sufficient for a career in HR. However, you would probably be better off doing a graduate certificate in HR, because this is a quicker and cheaper option. Breaking into HR is more about your experience then your degree - entry level roles often require some form of admin experience (with a HR focus), so I would do the grad certificate and focus my attention on finding an admin role.

peterhillford

HSC
N/A
The nature of program that you chose will be depended on the field you intend to develop your future in. Therefore, it is important that the choice of majors when enrolling for a masters degree in the field of human resource or any other is in line with the requirements of future prospects. Here is an online consultancy of education that I came across http://www.onlineuaeuniversities.com/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)