please explain (1 Viewer)

strawberry

the following is dot point in the syllabus:
Explain the relationship between the structure and behaviour of chromosomes during meiosis and the inheritance of genes.

I really have no idea what it wants from me. My teacher really sucks and didnt give us any notes on a couple of dot points.

Can someone please explain to me!!!:confused:

keepin_sanity

Explain the relationship between the structure and behaviour of chromosomes during meiosis and the inheritance of genes.
I think it has to do with the fact that during meiosis, the structure and behaviour of the chromosomes will allow them to line up randomly (in any order) which means that there is a huge variety of combinations of chromosomes produced in the gametes. Also the fact that sometimes chromosomes "cross over" therefore producing even more variety of chromosomes which could be inherited by their off - spring.

I'm really sorry if that doesnt make any sense!!!!! If you're still unsure check out your textbook for more info, or just ask your teacher to explain it more thoroughly!
I know the same sort of thing has happened to us a couple of times cause our teacher presumes that we will just understand a dot point because it kind of relates to another one!

Anyway goodluck! :D

strawberry

yeah, I kinda get it, I read my text book but its sooooo simplified. Well good luck to you too

Fiona

The Excel Biology "in a month" revision book is very simple and explains things quite well :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)