• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Please help me im begging. (1 Viewer)

Mawery

HSC
Hey, Well I've just turned 15. I've got a couple of options but I'll give you a run down on what I'm going through.

I go to a small country town school that is very shit, I mean I don't think I have learnt anything this year. I learn more using google 2 hrs every night.

I want to desperately leave this school and either get an apprenticeship (I don't know what I want to do) or do further studies. I think Chemistry would be up my ally because for 1 it's a pre-req to get into engineering, although I'd like to be a lawyer. My teachers always have told me that I should go on to further studies. School really isn't my place. But I'd love to learn more.

Should I A) Convince my parents I won't run a muck and get them to send me to college and study hard. B) Move in with my brother find some work and probably never do good for myself. C) Complete Year 11 at my current school.

Please help me out, I'm so confused I've like got less than 2 months to make a pretty much life decision.

ninetypercent

ninety ninety ninety
HSC
complete Year 11. If that doesn't work then do either A) or B)
coz once you pick A) or B) there's no coming back to B)

Mawery

HSC
Hmm thanks but I'm still very far behind at my current school, so I'd have to study very hard if I left to go do Year 11 at a college and I don't think I'd get in for Year 12.

++ Can I go back to school at a later date? Like say after I finish an apprenticeship and decide I want to continue further studies and go to university?

Last edited:

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
If you recently turned 15, you shouldn't be in year 10. So repeating year 10, is an alternative. To acquire an apprenticeship and to leave school, you'll need to satisfactory complete the course outline and specific amount of time per subject. If you attain a SC, you are eligible to complete the HSC and receive an ATAR. In that case I can't see why you aren't able to complete school at another time. If your from a country town and are interested in agriculture, you'll might be able to attend an agricultural high school such as Hurlstone, Yanco, Farrer Memorial or James Ruse (unlikely since its only a day school and no boarders). These schools have academically enriched environments which will actually teach you and will save you from using Google for educational purposes.

Last edited:

Hayzazz

Pig Member
HSC
Option C, if you fail then move on to Option A, if that fails then go on into Option B.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)