• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

please help me? (1 Viewer)

sarahlalala90

HSC
Hey so its week 4 of term 1 and i already feel like im going to end up with a uai of 30. fuck fuck fuck
So far this year ive achieved assesment marks in between 66.6% to 81% out of 100, and im ranked nearly exactly in the middle of each of each course or doing badly by being ranked at like 20/30 etc.... i do Advanced english, aboriginal studies, society and culture, geography, visual art, and modern history, would u say id do better or worse then a uai of 65+...i need atleast 65 to do the course i want to do, but i would love to get 80-85 but i feel im such an average student i could never get that.:(

boris

Banned
HSC
For gods sake.
It's 4 weeks into term 1 (which means term 2 really for you).
How do you propose we, the esteemed people of this forum, predict your UAI so early into the session.

You're not doing horribly in that you're not failing any subjects. Going by previous years, if you can keep your marks round the 65-80 mark for the remainder of the year (and the exams) you shouldn't have too much of a problem obtaining a 65.

That said it depends if there is another smart year (like last year) and you're not doing subjects which traditionally scale well.

me121

Premium Member
HSC
There is still time to improve. I think that you should read some of the suggestions in this thread to try to get motivated and some study ideas. Not all work for all, see what works for you.

doink

Clone
HSC
Are you an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander? IF so there is no real need to worry, my friend is Aboriginal and he is now doing Medicine @ UNSW undergrad through a pre-med course and it didn't take into account his UAI. However he did have to do an exam after a week of lectures/tutorials @ a camp. These are run for Law, Medicine and Engineering.

Studentleader

HSC
N/A
Study 3 Hours a day, if you don't get a UAI of 65
1. Your dumb
2. You didn't try hard enough

If you think what i'm saying is unresonable, get a new career.

When people say they want to be Vets/Engineers at my school, I laugh at them because they are the kind of people who will not do any work at all.

You put in the effort, and 65 possible for anyone.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)