• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

please please help with eas? (1 Viewer)

laura_h

HSC
hi

i really need help....i have to apply for eas after some serious disadvantage (death of a family member after long illness, shut down of family bussiness as a result, missed long periods of school etc) and i was reading in past forums on here that a lot of people who have deserved it havent got in because they didnt really SPELL IT OUT for the people in their application form.

i dont know where to start, any advice or help would be greatly appreciated...

also, does anyone know what range of cuttoffs for uts usually are? i know they give you 7 points, but did they normally fill courses way before they reach this (like Syd)?

i really want jounalisim at uts....

please help...

rama_v

HSC
laura_h said:
hi

i really need help....i have to apply for eas after some serious disadvantage (death of a family member after long illness, shut down of family bussiness as a result, missed long periods of school etc) and i was reading in past forums on here that a lot of people who have deserved it havent got in because they didnt really SPELL IT OUT for the people in their application form.

i dont know where to start, any advice or help would be greatly appreciated...

also, does anyone know what range of cuttoffs for uts usually are? i know they give you 7 points, but did they normally fill courses way before they reach this (like Syd)?

i really want jounalisim at uts....

please help...
With uts it depends on the courses. They really want to get people into engineering, I know that, but I dunno about journalism.

laura_h

HSC
come on, anyone else? people that have applied through eas before? im desperate...

HSC
don't you have a careers advisor at school who you can talk to?

sorry, not meaning to sound rude, but someone at your school should be able to help! if not then they are doing a pretty slack job.

good luck

Olsen

Hates cold mornings..
HSC
Well, basically when applying for EAS you have to satisfy the criteria and judging by your circumstances i'd say you qualify. The trick is to write clearly and succintly. Don't waffle but get down to the point of how the death of your family member has affected the amount of study, the quality of study, how it has played on your mind and how it has caused you to miss school etc.

However, being successful for EAS does not automatically mean that you get 5 or 7 points leeway. Being successful for EAS means that you may be able to enter a particular course with a UAI up to 5 or 7 points less according to the supply of places that the uni has allocted specifically to EAS students. Basically you are competing against other EAS students for a place.

Hope it helps. PM if you require further assistance.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)