please please PLEASE do this (1 Viewer)

Huy

HSC
N/A
Okay, I'll sign, but I don't think it'll do much. There was a Smallville petition going on (same site) about bringing Smallville back to Australian free-to-air television - it didn't happen.

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Why are these two exactly the same threads? (Other one here)

Huy

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by flyin'
Why are these two exactly the same threads? (Other one here)
Yep, that's why I said "done and done" (twice).

One in Entertainment, because it's about TV.
And I guess Non-School gets a lot of exposure.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
coz i wasnt sure where to put it to get the most coverage...and afterall it really does fall into both categories.

crazyhobo

Originally posted by Huy
Okay, I'll sign, but I don't think it'll do much. There was a Smallville petition going on (same site) about bringing Smallville back to Australian free-to-air television - it didn't happen.
How do you know it's not?

Huy

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by crazyhobo
How do you know it's not?
I'm pretty sure it's not coming back, and it hasn't been airing for a while now. They stopped mid-season (Episode 7, Season 2) and Season 2 doesn't end for another 16 episodes (up to Ep 22). They've also moved Smallville from Tuesday nights to Saturday nights and that never increased ratings, not to mention cutting out important dialogue and scenes I believe, from what had been aired in America, compared to what aired in Australia.

I watch all of the American episodes via HDTV so I'm not too worried, but I really want to see it again on free-to-air, to get more people interested in it hehe. :)

crazyhobo

Originally posted by Huy
I'm pretty sure it's not coming back, and it hasn't been airing for a while now. They stopped mid-season (Episode 7, Season 2) and Season 2 doesn't end for another 16 episodes (up to Ep 22). They've also moved Smallville from Tuesday nights to Saturday nights and that never increased ratings, not to mention cutting out important dialogue and scenes I believe, from what had been aired in America, compared to what aired in Australia.

I watch all of the American episodes via HDTV so I'm not too worried, but I really want to see it again on free-to-air, to get more people interested in it hehe. :)
Just a tip. If you expect television networks to do what is good for television rather than what is good for profits you are going to find yourself very disappointed.

Huy

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by crazyhobo
Just a tip. If you expect television networks to do what is good for television rather than what is good for profits you are going to find yourself very disappointed.
Hence the reason why I have alternative means of watching television episodes, outside of Australia. :)

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
thats why im hoping the petition will work...ch.7 would make SO much off of the proposed idea.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)