• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

PLS! do my survey its about Young australian of the year for my PIP thank youu (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

popcop

HSC
Survey 2: Young Australian of the year

Qu1: Do you understand what Australian of the year is about, and more specifically what is Young Australian of the year?

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Qu2: Do you pay attention to the media on January 25th of Australia day?

Yes OR no

Qu3: How do you find out about Young Australian of the year, if you don’t please say why

Media
Friends
Family
Public discussion

OR

Why?

Qu4: In your own opinion is young Australian of the year important? Should we acknowledge young individuals that change the Australian society for the better?

Qu5: Put in order the most recent young Australians of the year (1 being 09’s Young Australian of the year, and 4 being the older one)

Tania major
Casey stoner
Jonty Bush
Trisha Broad Bridge

Qu6: In a few words describe, what have one of the following young Australians of the year from Qu5 done to receive this award, if you don’t know any say, I don’t know.

E.g. Leyton Hewitt, 03 winner, tennis career, role model for tennis

Qu7: Do you believe that Young Australian of the year is portrayed well in the media
Agree, strongly agree, Disagree, Strongly disagree

Qu8: Do you think its necessary to have these awards on Australia day

Yes OR No, also why?

Qu9: Is Young Australian of the year, just another stupid event run by the federal government?

Agree, strongly agree, disagree, and strongly disagree
Why?

Qu10: In a few words whats your final opinion of Young Australian of the year, does it serve a purpose, is it socially recognised? Etc.

Thank you for taking the time to fill my survey, your contributions have helped me greatly, thank you. ;)

alcalder

Just ask for help
HSC
N/A

Qu1: Do you understand what Australian of the year is about, and more specifically what is Young Australian of the year?

Not entirely. It seems to be just who is the most popular person in the media at the time and what politically correct cause they are following. OR, they're just great sportsmen or women. How does being good a sport help Australian society??

YES

Qu3: How do you find out about Young Australian of the year, if you don’t please say why

Media

Qu4: In your own opinion is young Australian of the year important? Should we acknowledge young individuals that change the Australian society for the better?

Yes, we should. But there is too much politics in who is chosen. And who are these people, anyway?

Qu5: Put in order the most recent young Australians of the year (1 being 09’s Young Australian of the year, and 4 being the older one)

Tania major
Casey stoner
Jonty Bush
Trisha Broad Bridge
No idea

Qu6: In a few words describe, what have one of the following young Australians of the year from Qu5 done to receive this award, if you don’t know any say, I don’t know.

Casey Stoner - wasn't he a good motorcycle rider and won a world championship or something?

Qu7: Do you believe that Young Australian of the year is portrayed well in the media

Strongly disagree (It's not portrayed at all, really.)

Yes. It is important for a society to recognise the efforts of those who make a significant contribution. But then again, so many people do that. Isn't that what the Honours are for - OAM, AM etc? Why pick just one person and say their work is MORE valid than anyone elses?

Qu9: Is Young Australian of the year, just another stupid event run by the federal government?

Disagree. It was an honest attempt at recognising excellence. I just think it's been wrongly used.

Qu10: In a few words whats your final opinion of Young Australian of the year, does it serve a purpose, is it socially recognised? Etc.

It is socially recognised, for sure, but it does not really serve a purpose. It can give a mouthpiece to someone for a while but then they tend to fade into obscurity. In fact, hasn't it even been discredited by the actions of a previous recipient who was later found to have broken the law for something?

Brontecat

HSC

not rlly i never seem to hear much about them the only one the media seems to rlly promote is the 'Australian of the year'. From my understanding its generally for someone who has contributed to their community with charity work or done something for the environment

Yes OR no

Media
Friends
Family
Public discussion

OR

Why?

i think its good to acknowledge the individuals but i dont think its fair to say that the winner is the 'best' as there are many other young australians who do good without being publicised.

Trisha Broad Bridge
Jonty Bush
Casey stoner
Tania major

i completely guessed this question anything i get is a complete fluke

E.g. Leyton Hewitt, 03 winner, tennis career, role model for tennis

no idea

Agree, strongly agree, Disagree, Strongly disagree

im not too sure as the media never seems to focus on them (in my opinion)

Yes OR No, also why?

i think Australia day is a good day to celebrate the contributions of Australias people so yes i think its necessary.

Agree, strongly agree, disagree, and strongly disagree
Why?

its a nice sort of concept to want to acknowledge those people that have had a significant impact on the life of other Australians.

It's a nice sort of concept to recognise these people but in the end you never hear about them after Australia Day (unless your like this years Australian of the year who controversially suggested changing the date of Australia Day).

Thank you for taking the time to fill my survey, your contributions have helped me greatly, thank you. ;)
:)

PIP_research

HSC
N/A
Young Australian of the year is about searching for talent amoung the youth of Australia.
My personal understanding of 'Young Australian of the year" is someone who shows enormous potential in whatever field they are interested in and can provide a viable rolemodel for younger generations. Someone who represents a honest and bright youth, who is willing to apply themselves within society.

NO

Public discussion

Yes we should, Youths should be encouraged to achieve set goals, this encouragement should also be expressed to not only the candidates but also to the general youthful public.

3Tania major
1Casey stoner
2Jonty Bush
4Trisha Broad Bridge

I dont know

Agree

No, The appreciation of youth of Australia should be able to occur on any day

Agree, to some extent this compitition could just be a sort of distraction or glorifization of the youth of Australia.It does seem to have some sort of hidden political agenda, then again it could be genuine

Until now i have not considered the imapcts of the young australian of the year campaing too often. It does serve a purpose to encourage youth, but the global image of Australian youth is also benefited to much of the governments delight. It is socially recognised and generally seen as a positive intiative for youth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)