pls help!! (1 Viewer)

jesslii

HSC
i have a modern power and authority source task due on wednesday ! i’m struggling with a few of the questions that ask to “contrast the value of source C and D” and “how does this reflect?”

please give me some tips !
thank you

#RoadTo31Atar

HSC
Can you send the sources? Just by looking at the question I'd say that the sources are pretty different e.g propaganda poster and account of someone doesn't support the Nazi party, in this case you would need mention that in your response and what it means (propaganda didn't work on everyone, people still disagreed use historical terms such fuhrehprinzip, volsgemeinshaft if it applies of course idk what your sources show) For "how does it reflect" there isn't really enough information given for me to know what you need to answer but usually you need to talk about perspective and the context of the sources, this is a good part to apply your own knowledge to show you know what you are talking about.

jesslii

HSC
Can you send the sources? Just by looking at the question I'd say that the sources are pretty different e.g propaganda poster and account of someone doesn't support the Nazi party, in this case you would need mention that in your response and what it means (propaganda didn't work on everyone, people still disagreed use historical terms such fuhrehprinzip, volsgemeinshaft if it applies of course idk what your sources show) For "how does it reflect" there isn't really enough information given for me to know what you need to answer but usually you need to talk about perspective and the context of the sources, this is a good part to apply your own knowledge to show you know what you are talking about.
oh okay ty i think i kind of understand the gist of it. These are the sources and the question is how does this source reflect the view that the Treaty of Versailles contributed to the collapse of the Weimar Republic ? and Contrast the value of Source B and C to a historian studying the nature of Nazi Ideology

Attachments

#RoadTo31Atar

HSC
The way I see how those sources relate to the question is like this; Source 1 - talk about the terms of the TOV (own knowledge) talk about the reparations (source), quote John M Keynes - "it is impossible for Germany to pay the reparations in their current state" (shows own knowledge and understanding of key figures, he was present at the Paris conference), Source - The Nazi eagle is over the family like it's protecting them (use nicer words obv) the eagle is a symbol for the Nazi party helping the German people though the consequences of TOV (can add stuff about hyperinflation and The Great Depression, historical terms like Dawes plan quote John M Keynes about economics again etc.) Source 3 - talk about the Hitler myth and can reference Goebells' propaganda machine (historical term) to make it happen. Have a concluding statement something along the lines of ...contrasting perspectives... blah blah show something about how the Nazis used the TOV's effects on the people as a way to gain power and authority (doesn't really matter what you say at the end since you can't be wrong unless it's just completely stupid, again the words I used in the example aren't good enough but you can probably spend a few minutes and formulate the sentences better).

jesslii

HSC
The way I see how those sources relate to the question is like this; Source 1 - talk about the terms of the TOV (own knowledge) talk about the reparations (source), quote John M Keynes - "it is impossible for Germany to pay the reparations in their current state" (shows own knowledge and understanding of key figures, he was present at the Paris conference), Source - The Nazi eagle is over the family like it's protecting them (use nicer words obv) the eagle is a symbol for the Nazi party helping the German people though the consequences of TOV (can add stuff about hyperinflation and The Great Depression, historical terms like Dawes plan quote John M Keynes about economics again etc.) Source 3 - talk about the Hitler myth and can reference Goebells' propaganda machine (historical term) to make it happen. Have a concluding statement something along the lines of ...contrasting perspectives... blah blah show something about how the Nazis used the TOV's effects on the people as a way to gain power and authority (doesn't really matter what you say at the end since you can't be wrong unless it's just completely stupid, again the words I used in the example aren't good enough but you can probably spend a few minutes and formulate the sentences better).
omg thank you so much ! this has really helped. you’re an absolute saviour.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)