• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

plz - a summarised way to apply for med (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

j.u.l.i.e

okay - im in yr 12,
but i want a summarised way to get into uni in NSW (in med eventually)
for newcastle and UNSW u need to sign up, but what happens about the other unis?

btw, do you HAVE to do med science to get into uni? or is that you have an advantage if you do it?

yes - i know i should have looked this up on aus med - but the forum is is just set up crap and i got pissed off in it

Skillo

is in a theatre near you
In my blue-light backstage hovel, the theatre.
HSC
j.u.l.i.e said:
yes - i know i should have looked this up on aus med - but the forum is is just set up crap and i got pissed off in it
Well be patient, do the hard yards and look up every site of each of the universities you mentioned.

If you can't do the research, then don't bother applying.

Bob.J

ZoOm
HSC
j.u.l.i.e said:
okay - im in yr 12,
but i want a summarised way to get into uni in NSW (in med eventually)
No
j.u.l.i.e said:
for newcastle and UNSW u need to sign up, but what happens about the other unis?
no you don't have to apply, they'll just know you want to do med and put you in the application process themselves

j.u.l.i.e said:
btw, do you HAVE to do med science to get into uni? or is that you have an advantage if you do it?
You don't have to but you'll almost automatically get in if you do. If you dont do it them you're f*kd

j.u.l.i.e said:
no you dont need aus med, and the forum is not set up crap.

It's called google...

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
This thread severely irritates me.

I commend you for attempting to look up AusMed, but did you try searching? Or did you even do the sensible thing and look at the websites of the medical schools?

I was thinking of writing up a thread with all the necessary links, until I remembered that inasero had already done that. It's in the stickies.

So in summary, you haven't googled, you haven't searched either this forum or AusMed, and you haven't looked at the stickies. That makes you lazy noob.

Thread closed. Go search like a serious candidate.

Edit: Actually I've changed my mind. Maybe I was being a little too harsh, but if you bothered clicking AusMed then that's more effort than lazy noob. Tell me what you HAVE done, and what you have found. I will tell you what you need to do next.

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
I don't think it's such a good idea to delete this thread.

Some important points came up, including Alvin's links (which you should have bothered to get yourself) and others who bother searching would benefit from reading it.

inasero

Reborn
HSC
I reckon all "prospective" medical students should show at least some initiative and not expect other people to do the work for them...You might get away with it in high school...but not in the big bad world of university!

Anyway j.u.l.i.e, you can find all the relevant links on the "read here first" thread I created. If the uni websites are still to difficult for you to understand then come back and I'll translate it into primary school english for you!

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
No need to be so harsh. Like I (think I) said, there may be some mitigating reasons, like perhaps the careers advisor is crap (it happens).

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
And there are plenty of other causes for hardship. You have to think of these things before you judge, give a reasonable benefit of the doubt.

rockstar01

HSC
Lexicographer said:
And there are plenty of other causes for hardship. You have to think of these things before you judge, give a reasonable benefit of the doubt.
pffft...you do the same thing as velox..dont act all diplomatic now

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
rockstar01 said:
pffft...you do the same thing as velox..dont act all diplomatic now
It is true that I do, sometimes. But I am trying to be more understanding.

This is called "growth". Try it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)