Plz Help Me Agen - How can i network my internet connection (1 Viewer)

Sunshine

Can now tat i got my comp networked but through sum PC link rather than network neighbourhood. I cant seem to get my internet connection networked. Where do i go to do dis? I dont know whether i have WIn98 or Win98SE.

My connection is through a USB data cable is tat possible for an internet connection?

Grizzly

euphoric
HSC
Best option is to get yourself a router. In that case you have detailed instructions/and troubleshooting as well as wireless and firewall capabilities.

to share your net otherwise is a pain. Eg having the servers always on and .online.

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by Grizzly
Best option is to get yourself a router. In that case you have detailed instructions/and troubleshooting as well as wireless and firewall capabilities.

to share your net otherwise is a pain. Eg having the servers always on and .online.
It would only be feasible to purchase a router if he/she has more than 2 computers that require net access, otherwise if it's only two, what's the need? a normal P2P connection should suffice.

fatmuscle

HSC
why do you people choose such fancy ways to connect your computers together?

Don't you people realise that connecting with proper networking cables (cat5) is more widely used? and it's so much more EASIER?!?!?!?! And cheaper!!!!

Grizzly

euphoric
HSC
Originally posted by fatmuscle
why do you people choose such fancy ways to connect your computers together?

Don't you people realise that connecting with proper networking cables (cat5) is more widely used? and it's so much more EASIER?!?!?!?! And cheaper!!!!
Maybe easy if you have 1 computer, in one room, with 1 router and 1 modem, and 1 printer.

But if each individual of your household uses the internet at any given time, comprises of ~5 operational machines and notepads/tablet pc's, with 2 shared printers, in at least 2 rooms of the house.

WTF would you want CAT5 cables + all the other mumbo jumbo all over the joint!

Grizzly

euphoric
HSC
Originally posted by Winston
It would only be feasible to purchase a router if he/she has more than 2 computers that require net access, otherwise if it's only two, what's the need? a normal P2P connection should suffice.
True, thats why he/she should state their network structure bfre asking for help :rolleyes:

fatmuscle

HSC
Maybe easy if you have 1 computer, in one room, with 1 router and 1 modem, and 1 printer.

But if each individual of your household uses the internet at any given time, comprises of ~5 operational machines and notepads/tablet pc's, with 2 shared printers, in at least 2 rooms of the house.

WTF would you want CAT5 cables + all the other mumbo jumbo all over the joint!
u'd be stupid or rich to connect your comptuers up with cat5.
do u setup ur printers in separate rooms?

i live in a double storey and my house is fully networked with cat5
u don't see any cables all over the place
cos we wired it up ourselves :p

besides, if u ahve a notepad, u'd be more likely to connect via cat5 or wireless.
if you didn't, you'd struggle to connect anywhere else.

Grizzly

euphoric
HSC
Originally posted by fatmuscle
u'd be stupid or rich to connect your comptuers up with cat5.
do u setup ur printers in separate rooms?

i live in a double storey and my house is fully networked with cat5
u don't see any cables all over the place
cos we wired it up ourselves :p

besides, if u ahve a notepad, u'd be more likely to connect via cat5 or wireless.
if you didn't, you'd struggle to connect anywhere else.
Exactly, why wouldnt you connect via wireless ?

And, i prefer wireless LAN's than drilling holes in my walls and feeding cat5 cables through...especially if you live in a double brick home.

One reason, i prefer ADSL than cable internet because of the installation methods of the technicians.

fatmuscle

HSC
Exactly, why wouldnt you connect via wireless ?

And, i prefer wireless LAN's than drilling holes in my walls and feeding cat5 cables through...especially if you live in a double brick home.

One reason, i prefer ADSL than cable internet because of the installation methods of the technicians.
lol
I have nothing against wireless!

the first post said 'USB Cable'

I'm all for wireless, and cat5
just as long as it's 'standard' networking media.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)