• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

plz help (1 Viewer)

ok guys heres my little situation, i got a UAI of 79.05, i really need to get into the course medical science/business, the cut-off for the course is 88.20, therefore i need 9.15 points in order to reach the cut-off. i have applied for the access scheme and i've been accepted, do you think that the UTS can offer me those 9.15 points such that i reach the cut-off, or is that to high?

bscienceboi

HSC
N/A
misscow said:
ok guys heres my little situation, i got a UAI of 79.05, i really need to get into the course medical science/business, the cut-off for the course is 88.20, therefore i need 9.15 points in order to reach the cut-off. i have applied for the access scheme and i've been accepted, do you think that the UTS can offer me those 9.15 points such that i reach the cut-off, or is that to high?
Why not just aim at BScience/Business @ UTS as you can major in Medical Science in your Science degree and graduate with the Medical Science/Business degree as you have fulfilled the EXACT requirements.

Under one of UTS' rules, satifying the same subjects for another degree entitles you to graduate with that degree as you wish given that you notify the institution before you graduate.

bscienceboi said:
Why not just aim at BScience/Business @ UTS as you can major in Medical Science in your Science degree and graduate with the Medical Science/Business degree as you have fulfilled the EXACT requirements.

Under one of UTS' rules, satifying the same subjects for another degree entitles you to graduate with that degree as you wish given that you notify the institution before you graduate.
but do u think that they could give me da 9.15 points

bscienceboi

HSC
N/A
misscow said:
but do u think that they could give me da 9.15 points
Well what access scheme did you apply through?

(damn there are people awake at this hour)

0o0

o0o
HSC
N/A
yeah 10 points seems to be pushing it, i think they only give it to people who have been exceptionally disadvantaged, i guess it really depends on what you wrote down as a disadvantage

Panda Bear

arab chicks? :|
HSC
personally... i'd recommend you try another course that you can get in with your UAI then do a transfer mid-year.. internal transfer that is.

That's a better bet.

maka

HSC
Internal transfers are the way to go as people drop out before the end of Semester 1. You can do pretty well in your 1st sem. and move across.

Panda Bear said:
science boy is right.. which scheme did you apply for..

did you even have any disadvantages? ;)
for your information i did have many disadvantages, like a very sick father, so don't go judging people and askin whether or not they have disadvantages. Look guys thanks for your help.

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
for my memory (please correct me)
10 points are for the Arts courses.

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
no it's all a possible 10 points leeway. however it depends on how many access students have applied for that course and what they all got, because they allocate a certain amount of EAS positions and then give them to the top scoring candidates.

ie, as a hypothetical which hopefully comes true, they're offering 10 positions for access students in b/laws. the cutoff is 97.5, meaning the minimum eligible UAI is 87.5. 15 students who were granted a place in the input scheme have applied to b/laws - the person who came 10th out of those with a UAI of 91.8 is offered a place as well as the 9 people above them meaning the leeway is actually more like 5.7 than 10 UAI points.

at least, that's what I hope happens... or that I get in somehow, whether as the top EAS student or the bottom. :p

regardless, you do fit the within 10 points requirement atm, so don't lose hope. good luck.

glycerine said:
no it's all a possible 10 points leeway. however it depends on how many access students have applied for that course and what they all got, because they allocate a certain amount of EAS positions and then give them to the top scoring candidates.

ie, as a hypothetical which hopefully comes true, they're offering 10 positions for access students in b/laws. the cutoff is 97.5, meaning the minimum eligible UAI is 87.5. 15 students who were granted a place in the input scheme have applied to b/laws - the person who came 10th out of those with a UAI of 91.8 is offered a place as well as the 9 people above them meaning the leeway is actually more like 5.7 than 10 UAI points.

at least, that's what I hope happens... or that I get in somehow, whether as the top EAS student or the bottom. :p

regardless, you do fit the within 10 points requirement atm, so don't lose hope. good luck.
hey thanks heaps, that help me out

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)