• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

plzzz help me!!!!! (1 Viewer)

gangstalover

HSC
hi...ok ... this is my story....i stuck between 2 courses....

1. civil engineering (i love buildgings/structures...i just love the construction and housing industry....it all works for me...lol)
the problem with civil, is that i was a bad UAI, and im planning to do it at UWS, but all my friends are saying, engineering at UWS is very bad and its for no-status when applying for a job...and ppl say that it will not be worth it..
IS THIS TRUE, IS UWS ENGINEERING REALLY THAT BAD, its my only chose, with my UAI (also penrith campus at UWS is pretty far from my house)

2. Accounting (love maths)
Even though at this present moment im really liking civil, before liking civil, i was mad about accounting, and now im finking that accounting wont be for me and im also thinking that engineering will be diffcult for me.....
My brother is also doing accounting and his starting his completing his last year of accounting this year, if i do accounting he can teach me all the things i need to know, and also we can end up working with each other and even doing business together...which is a major advantage and opportunity for me

WHICH courses offers better: opportunites, advancement, salary, promotions, high status, company wise and just overall livelihood)

IM realllllly stuck, can anyone help me in what i should do????????
but all meens if u dnt want to reply i understand (its an essay)
but any help will be greatly appreciated

Last edited:

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
sando said:
you failed english didn't you
lmao what makes u say that?!??!?!?!:spam:

Gangstalover:

Salary comparisons

......................................................Min......................Max......................Avg
Building Services $43,144 $146,000 $79,073Planning $43,930 $174,000 $79,248 Project Management $27,600 $248,000 $106,35

Business Services Accounting $29,118 $200,000 $72,016

Financial Accounting $30,518 $181,000 $76,674 Financial Controller and Directorship $45,600 $230,000 $105,096 Insolvency Accounting $45,000 $139,000 $81,300 Payroll $32,184 $102,000 $51,823 Procurement and Inventory $38,600 $94,000 $59,526 Systems Accounting $41,000 $138,000 $80,143 Taxation Accounting $25,920 $183,000 $72,429

That didnt work out well....you can check some sallary info here however i don't know how reliable it is...especially the maximum salary....

EDIT: In the postbox it was all organised but after i posted it the formatting went everywhere

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
jb_nc said:
ok seriously i know you feel the need to name search UWS every day and defend it tooth and nail every time someone says 'hay guys is uws shit' but UWS engineering is crap.
you could see it that way...or you could see her ensuring people don't make decisions with the possibility of jepodising their future based on the misconception that UWS sucks.

hellomike

HSC
I'm not sure if your a recent school leaver but there are so many things that open up it's not a confined environment and everything is not black and white just like in high school. Whether you are doing civil engineering or accounting - which one do you like more? You have to cut your options down and do one or the another that can have both worlds. You also think where are you going to be in 5 or 10 years time? If you do accounting, do you want to be stuck in an office or company or run your own accounting business or join a firm? Or do you want to do civil engineering or something like B. Construction at UTS?

Don't do something that your family is doing, this is you and what you want. You say you love mathematics. Civil engineering will heavily involve mathematics - for example constructing buildings requires Applied Trigonometry right?

If a university is too far, rule it out. You have to get things down in order. Civil engineering is available at UNSW or you do a TAFE course or apply for InSearch UTS.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)