Polishing shoes? (1 Viewer)

Papercutter

HSC
Hi guys,
Recently I got into shoe polishing but I've got these boots which are extremely worn and have a lot of small dents and scuffs on them.
I managed to get a good shine on them using kiwi parade gloss, but is it possible still to achieve a mirror-like shine (despite the toe particularly not being very smooth)? Any tips on getting them to shine even just a bit more? What routines of shoe polishing do you follow?

crowley926

HSC
I did cadets like a hundred years ago but from what I can remember:

-Use a cloth wrapped around your finger to spread polish all around the shoe surface (you probs already do this). And some of us used to like spit on the polish first (95% sure this was just a macho air force thing) or just use water if you want
-Then just spread the polish around in a circular motion and then like breathe hot air over it
-Then do the circular motion again.
-Then you have to do like heaps of coats?
-Then at the end just buff it with a shoe brush

Or just watch cadet polishing boots on youtube because heaps of cadets get the mirror gloss super easily
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhvA7fZtTz4

PS: don't worry about the potholes on your shoes. Pretty sure the same routine still follows, you just have to add more coats and you'll still be able to get the mirror gloss

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)