• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Poll: Union Fees for Spring Sem. (1 Viewer)

You gonna pay for the union fees once VSU comes up?

• Yes

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • No

Votes: 14 63.6%
  • Maybe/undecided

Votes: 2 9.1%

• Total voters

aaaman

Banned
HSC
Are ya gonna pay for them once VSU comes up?

Why or why not?

I am its to keep the student community running great :)

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
I'm forced to. Although it's a bit early to decide, depends on if they shape up their act this year. Not hopeful but.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
If I figure out that it I am saving a significant amount I will. But it has to be a significant amount because I'd rather miss out on a $50 saving than be paying money towards all the shit the union supports that I disagree with.

Generator

HSC
N/A
This year there is no choice, but next year I'll be supporting the SRC and the Union. Though I'm in favour of USU (if at a more reasonable price), I'm not one for supporting GPS notions of exclusivity and 'tradition', so I'm afraid that the sporting association will just have to do without my contribution next year.

Yes, I know that one could raise similar concerns with regards to the Union and the SRC, but at least they stand open to change and a greater degree of student involvement. Also, I'm of the opinion that their frontline services more than overshadow the organisations' current vices (such as the Union's self-interest and the SRC's overly left and wide-reaching political ideals), whereas the same cannot be said when one refers to the sporting association

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
I am excited to stop funding the queer space where they can plot their ridiculous rampages that embarras the uni.

I will NOT be paying, at least not until the money becomes better spent.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)