Polymerisation of glucose (1 Viewer)

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
So basically this is a sample answer for the polymerisation of glucose (condensation reaction to form glucose), is the second line formation of cellulose just before water is released?

Drsoccerball

HSC
So basically this is a sample answer for the polymerisation of glucose (condensation reaction to form glucose), is the second line formation of cellulose just before water is released?

They're a simultaneous process.

Drsoccerball

HSC
I've got in my notes that "cellulose is a natural condensation polymer formed through the polymerisation of glucose"
Im talking about release of water and formation of cellulose :) They happen at the same time

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
Im talking about release of water and formation of cellulose :) They happen at the same time
Ahahaha okay but basically the second line is the formation of cellulose and the third line is release of water right?

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
Is there also a equation I can remember? Remembering the diagrams are kind of annoying.

Fiction

HSC
? I don't understand what you mean by third line but water + cellulose are the products of polymerisation of glucose if that makes sense. As in if you wanted to you could write water on the second line :) It doesn't really matter. The formation of water is a byproduct of 2 or more glucose molecules reacting with each other, it's not a completely different reaction. Keep in mind that condensation reactions are chemical reactions which involves the formation of a polymer through monomers reacting through their functional groups. This results in the loss of a small molecule, or glucose in this case.

So C6H12O6 + C6H12O6 --> H20 + cellulose formula

Look up general equations. I'm too lazy to draw it out but it's basically
n( -insert structural equation for glucose- ) --> [ insert structural equation for cellulose ]n + (n-1)H20

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
Quick bump, I understand that a water molecule and cellulose is produced from the polymerisation of glucose, but from this sample answer diagram, what does the second line represent?

Kaido

be.
HSC
? I don't understand what you mean by third line but water + cellulose are the products of polymerisation of glucose if that makes sense. As in if you wanted to you could write water on the second line :) It doesn't really matter. The formation of water is a byproduct of 2 or more glucose molecules reacting with each other, it's not a completely different reaction. Keep in mind that condensation reactions are chemical reactions which involves the formation of a polymer through monomers reacting through their functional groups. This results in the loss of a small molecule, or glucose in this case.

So C6H12O6 + C6H12O6 --> H20 + cellulose formula

Look up general equations. I'm too lazy to draw it out but it's basically
n( -insert structural equation for glucose- ) --> [ insert structural equation for cellulose ]n + (n-1)H20
This is not the recommended way to write the polymerisation process

Instead, n(HO–C6H10O4–OH) → H–(O–C6H10O4)n–OH + (n – 1)H2O

Fiction

HSC

which is pretty much what I wrote in the next two lines LOL

Also, Idk if it's possible, but I've never seen the n used in written equations and not structural.

BlueGas

HSC
N/A

Do you recommend me writing the diagram I linked above?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)