Poor rankings + Great enthusiasm towards learning = Recipe for ? (1 Viewer)

Spring Chicken

HSC
Today we got our Semester 2 Reports for Year 11, my school is a selective school so we are somewhat competitive with each other in terms of rankings and all that jazz. I'll be the first to admit I ranked last in 3 of my subjects, I dropped one of them thank God, no I'm not a party type of guy or anything like that, I'm the average guy who studies his best and knows when to have a good time etc. in Semester 1 I was ranked so far towards the top 3 in each class and I find it disturbing now that my report reflects my crappy result. However on the NSW Students Online site, for the RoSA (I think that's what it's called), gives me a rank of A for the majority of my subjects. I'm confused, how important is your ranking even if you get a good mark and surpass the average? I'm actually nervous...

With that being said it was only Year 11 and none of it mattered anyway, at least that's what everyone says..
So if you are ranked last in every single subject but you achieve or surpass the average, does that change anything? Please respond and keep active as I know most people won't be open about their Year 11 life haha.

Aiming for dat ATAR 80.05 - 90.05

Phaze

Pleb.
HSC
When it comes to year 12 rank is more important than mark! it will greatly affect your ATAR, so if that is the case for you then you really need to work on changing that if you have a ATAR goal of 80-90.

nexusbrah

Harvey Specter of IB
HSC
When it comes to year 12 rank is more important than mark! it will greatly affect your ATAR, so if that is the case for you then you really need to work on changing that if you have a ATAR goal of 80-90.
Inb4 OP goes to James Ruse.

Phaze

Pleb.
HSC
LOL I wonder how last at Ruse affects you.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

kwu1

HSC
LOL I wonder how last at Ruse affects you.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
Affects the internal mark you are allocated from the pool of Ruse external examination marks.

Phaze

Pleb.
HSC
Affects the internal mark you are allocated from the pool of Ruse external examination marks.
so what if your Ruse rank/marks aren't the best but it is still far better than the standards of other schools? Reliant on getting scaled up?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)