• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Possible ATAR? (2 Viewers)

ItAintTheEnd

HSC
N/A
Hi everyone.
I was wondering what ATAR I'm possibly looking at with the following assessments marks and rankings:

English Advanced - 1/14 - 88 (77)
General Maths - 2/24 - 61 (53)
Ancient History - 1/12 - 85 (82)
Modern History - 2/10 - 85 (88)
Music - 1/6 - 85 (79)

Note: The marks in brackets are my trial marks

As for my school rank I'm not sure. I can tell you though its in the bottom 100 or probably even bottom 50 :S

pencilcase

HSC
As an upcoming moderator i demand that this be shifted to the ATAR GUIDANCE SECTION!
and for your estimate i'd say purely based on this ur looking at an ~82 atm coz your at a shit school and your doing pretty low scaling subjects however since your top in most subjects i'd say if you work your ass off here till HSC you could make it to 85 :)

ItAintTheEnd

HSC
N/A
Thanks for that!!
Sorry can you send me the link for where you want me to repost this? Im new to Bos:tongue:

jamesfirst

HSC
wow. why 82 ??/

He's first in most of his subjects and his school ranking isn't that bad,.

ashur

HSC
You can't say it'll be 82. It's going to depend highly on your performance in the final exams, you could easily get 90+

taeyang

HSC
wow. why 82 ??/

He's first in most of his subjects and his school ranking isn't that bad,.
Hi everyone.
I was wondering what ATAR I'm possibly looking at with the following assessments marks and rankings:

English Advanced - 1/14 - 88 (77)
General Maths - 2/24 - 61 (53)
Ancient History - 1/12 - 85 (82)
Modern History - 2/10 - 85 (88)
Music - 1/6 - 85 (79)

Note: The marks in brackets are my trial marks

As for my school rank I'm not sure. I can tell you though its in the bottom 100 or probably even bottom 50 :S
His school rank is shit.. But honestly, it's naive for anyone to put a mark on what you are doing, since you are coming first in almost all of your subjects, it is almost 100%, entirely dependant on your performance in the final exam. You could get low 70's or you could get in the 90's. ^.^

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Thanks for that!!
Sorry can you send me the link for where you want me to repost this? Im new to Bos:tongue:
As an -actual- moderator, and not just a wannabe mod, I've moved this to the right section. :) Welcome to BoS. :)

ItAintTheEnd

HSC
N/A
So wait!! I can still get a 90?!?!?
My subjects are pretty low scalers??
Plus the most ill probably get in general maths is like 75

enoilgam

HSC
I reakon 80+. Due to your low school ranking and the fact that you're coming first in all your subjects, your ATAR will mostly be determined by your performance on the externals. Potentially those ranks could be enough for 95+ or as little as the low 80's - its impossible to tell.

ItAintTheEnd

HSC
N/A
I reakon 80+. Due to your low school ranking and the fact that you're coming first in all your subjects, your ATAR will mostly be determined by your performance on the externals. Potentially those ranks could be enough for 95+ or as little as the low 80's - its impossible to tell.
So even If I stuff up my externals (like 70's) could I still get a low 80's ATAR??
I only need 70.15 for my course ;)

enoilgam

HSC
So even If I stuff up my externals (like 70's) could I still get a low 80's ATAR??
I only need 70.15 for my course ;)
No way. If you stuff the externals, your ATAR will plummet. Your internals will provide you with minimal if any back up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)