post xmas detoxing (1 Viewer)

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
im thinking about doing one of those detoxes you can buy. ive done a 5 day one before and it was foul, can anyone reccomend a good one? this is because over the past month or so i have been getting pissed around 3 nights a week and i feel disgusting.
ive also decided not to drink til feb 22, which every body finds hilarious

bscienceboi

HSC
N/A
I gave up drinking. People who laugh at the fact you don't drink are just immature.

CieL

HSC
might sound weird..

but what are these detox things meant to do?

i've only heard of the asian form of detox, which basically makes you shat everything out, clearing the "poisons" in your blood ahahahah

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
I don't drink, its nothing for anyone to laugh at, however you do lose your only possible common ground with a lot of people.

Detox is bullshit. Stick to water and grapefruit (or another citrus-y kinda fruit) for three days and you should feel 'clean'. Our bodies detox themselves.

Kirika

HSC
except for the fact that there is no scientific evidence to prove the existence of these 'toxins'. check the label on those detox products... they say MAY help remove toxins etc from your intestines and body. actually all you do is flush out your body and starve yourself. if you want to detox you're better off just eating lots of fruit and vegies and stopping drinking, your body will detox itself then.

Emily.

Pro-VSU
HSC
instead of buying something, do your own detox, like for a week dont eat anything cooked or processed, only raw (or slightly cooked/crispy if u cant handle raw) vegies, fruit, drink only water, etc. browse the net for detox programs

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
drink fresh juice (carrot, apple, orange, beetroot, celery, watermelon, whatever takes your fancy) every morning and take carbs out of your diet for a few weeks. also drink half a cup of olive oil followed by half a cup of fresh lemon juice just before bed two nights in a row. cleans out the liver amazingly.
eat loads of salad and greens and also raw fruit and vegetables.

do this for 2 weeks religiously to clean out your system. for the first week your skin might break out and you might feel strange in the stomach but its all part of the process.

i do this detox every 6 months or so, its great. my nutritionist told me about it.

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
after detoxing a few times and seeing the results on your hair, skin, nails, teeth and weight, you'll seriously question why it is you eat all that shit in the first place.

all you people who ask advice for getting clear skin. dont eat sugar or processed foods (bread, cake) and watch it clear up.

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
i made a good attempt, but i have concluded trying to detox during a week where i'm working over 50 hours may not have been clever...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)