• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

postgrad (1 Viewer)

bobbie212

most postgrad courses are full fee paying rite? Are there any gov schemes that can help u pay the fees for em?

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
i think the PELS system is for postgrad study isnt it?
ive also been told (not sure how right it is though) that most PhD students (can't speak for masters or anything) are on scholarships.

Cyph

espresso me up!
HSC
hipsta_jess said:
i think the PELS system is for postgrad study isnt it?
ive also been told (not sure how right it is though) that most PhD students (can't speak for masters or anything) are on scholarships.

The ones that are teaching most probably are, dunno about the ones that don't teach though.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
I think they get research grants from the government...to either them directly, or their supervisors...a PhD is very expensive so I doubt the students would pay out of their own pockets

Mambomeg

yay! custom!!!
HSC
A lot of companies offer postgraduate scholarships for you to do research in a specific field, eg - the dairy association might pay you to research milk production. Mostly its in the form of like a $25,000 or so tax free stipend per year. Usually for research that the government matches the amount of money put in by the corportation in exchange for making any discoveries available to everyone, not just that specific corporation.
I know sydney uni entomology dept offers a scholarship to anyone willing to spend a year researching cockroaches, and they've had trouble offloading it...
you can also get PELS, but i'm not sure how that is changing next year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)