postmodernism creative (1 Viewer)

spin spin sugar

it's gotta be big
HSC
so who liked the question? a few people in my class didn't like it, but i thought it was fucking GREAT. that's not to say i did well though. in fact i did REALLY shittily and barely managed to write 7 and a half pages which is NOT enough for a supposedly hour-long response... (i only left about 35 minutes to do it).

but yeah, i totally loved the question.. it was interesting but sort of challenging at the same time.

gloria*

skin graft
HSC
N/A
i ended up using orlando for it because i was so confused about the point of the other ones

but then i got confused about orlando too and fucked it up and made ugly non-postmodern contradictions and you know what didn't even answer the question. i went overtime in the first one a bit so didn't have much time to consider anything decent to write about. no structure, freakishly long grammatically incorrect sentences and some tangent about consensus. safe to say it'll be a shoddy mark

though i am grateful it was not an ACTUAL creative question

spin spin sugar

it's gotta be big
HSC
Originally posted by Leanne
i think i should have approached it differently....i was far too general.....blah!

but it said "general audience" - so i think you would have been okay - they didnt want over-the-top intellectual, they wanted stuff that could be easily digestable reading in the daily newspaper, you know? so i think you'll be fine.

i used orlando too, went off on tangents about Dame edna and metrosexuality, it was totally shit and just plain weird, theyre going to hate me.

Leanne

HSC
Originally posted by spin spin sugar
i used orlando too, went off on tangents about Dame edna and metrosexuality, it was totally shit and just plain weird, theyre going to hate me.
i also did orlando...talked about gender restrictions and how it was explored...but i actually treated my article as though it was a direct attack at the journalist 'Mr Blake'...like in the form of a 'letters to the editor' sort of thing......u reckon thats ok? too late now!!!

spin spin sugar

it's gotta be big
HSC
yeah i think they LIKE it when students have a personal intepretation of the question, maybe different to everyone elses... as long as you answered the question to some extent and fulfilled the outcomes of the rubric, then you're not going to be disadvantaged... plus it makes it more interesting for them to mark

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
I HATED IT!!!

didnt like doing it from sally potters view so i was left with possession - err tedious and boring - or williamson, i did williamson and i can tell you its shitty when your trying to explain using post-post modernism :|

ssj_goku

I did mine in the form of a fictitious dialogue. I mean, I did opening remarks and all that and then a bit of a justification of why I used a dialogue before going into it. Is that allowed? I mean there are a lot of articles etc which are dialogues or even parodies (there was this great Matrix parody related to Budget deficits in the Fin Review a while ago). :)

gloria*

skin graft
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by AsyLum
I HATED IT!!!

didnt like doing it from sally potters view so i was left with possession - err tedious and boring - or williamson, i did williamson and i can tell you its shitty when your trying to explain using post-post modernism :|
will it present a dilemma to the markers, you using post-post modernism instead of plain postmodernism?

because i wondered last night about using p-postmodernism to explain DWM but figured it was beyond the point of the course and not in the criteria guide or whatever

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
well basically its not a new genre rather its using postmodernism to present the ideas, thus its still pomo, but ppl give it the name informally as post pomo so i dunno

well if they decide to mark me down, the interview with williamson and the one with byatt with both saying they used post modernism to contradict and point out its own flaws should come in handy

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
hehe yeah it helped a great deal rather than actually putting words into their mouths i just had to shape it to some sort of hybrid creation from the interviews, the question and my own views :)

now to ext his.....

Lolliana

Originally posted by ssj_goku
I did mine in the form of a fictitious dialogue. I mean, I did opening remarks and all that and then a bit of a justification of why I used a dialogue before going into it. Is that allowed? I mean there are a lot of articles etc which are dialogues or even parodies (there was this great Matrix parody related to Budget deficits in the Fin Review a while ago). :)
i wrote a fake newspaper report, sending up the idea of 'death of the author' for my oppening, it was called 'noted literary theorist involved in bloody scandal'

and then i went on to explain, why i used that as my oppening, why death of the author was such a postmodern concept and continued to use it and other pomo values to justify my arguments

i think it will be ok

i was fowles btw

Belle

You should be dancing
HSC
I loved it!! I was dreading a really stupid and difficult question (i.e. 2001) but when I saw it I was very happy indeed. Filled up a booklet :)

narrator

HSC
N/A
i dont think there ever really has or ever really will be a great quetion on postmodernism by the very nature of postmodernism, in that there are no set questions and answers.

i went on so many different tangents in my piece, postmodernism is infective.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)