Pracs (1 Viewer)

N

ND

Are there any books that cover all of the compulsory pracs for chem? I hate pracs

:torch: pracs:chainsaw:

kini mini

HSC
Most of them you can BS, otherwise I used Pathways, Conq very occasionally and HSC Online ( Charles Sturt Uni) for the pracs. Succes One is good for testing yourself on them.

In the chem of art elective, teachers at my school handed out a model framework for answering a certain prac - it came out, I regurgitated over 2 pages :D.

N

ND

Originally posted by kini mini
In the chem of art elective, teachers at my school handed out a model framework for answering a certain prac - it came out, I regurgitated over 2 pages :D.
Nice, i'm praying that will happen for me.

Does pathways have much on the pracs? i'm using conq but that doesn't seem to have much on them.

kini mini

HSC
Originally posted by ND

Nice, i'm praying that will happen for me.

Does pathways have much on the pracs? i'm using conq but that doesn't seem to have much on them.
It has quite a few pracs, or at least a few that were applicable to me :). But I suggest looking at a few methods for every prac so you're very familiar with the theory :) - use a few sources.

N

ND

But I suggest looking at a few methods for every prac so you're very familiar with the theory - use a few sources.
I'm still looking for at least one method for every prac. :)

N

ND

Originally posted by Lord Ac
I have a photo-copied bunch of papres that = the experiments ;)

Ac
How many pages are they? if there aren't too many, do you think you could put them up on BOS?

kini mini

HSC
Originally posted by ND

How many pages are they? if there aren't too many, do you think you could put them up on BOS?
If they are the trial papers from last year, I have a few up on my site. Click on the www tab in my post window :)

t-i-m-m-y

HSC
oh hey

what about the blue chemistray prac manual;teacher gave to us

N

ND

If they are the trial papers from last year, I have a few up on my site. Click on the www tab in my post window :)
Cool, '02 ones, i'll be using these later. :)

N

ND

Originally posted by t-i-m-m-y
oh hey

what about the blue chemistray prac manual;teacher gave to us
Hmmm.. i didn't get this, what is it exactly?

Lord Ac

Trust me *wink*
HSC
I assume it is. But for teachers use only, to be photocopied when needed or some crap ..
Ac

nerdd

do we actually need to know the prac pracs?! grrr
like as in the method etc etc?
or the conclusion and what we discovered?
how gay.
today i just did a beetroot prac. suchh a waste of time.. using indicators and all that

Twintip

Our school gives us the aim/method for all the pracs we need to do in what we call a "syllabus booklet" which also contains questions based on each dot point in that part of the syllabus. It's a fantastic resource and makes a great study aid come exam time. :)

kini mini

HSC
Originally posted by nerdd
do we actually need to know the prac pracs?! grrr
like as in the method etc etc?
or the conclusion and what we discovered?
how gay.
today i just did a beetroot prac. suchh a waste of time.. using indicators and all that
You need to know the general principles behind the prac. You can usually figure out the rest :).

In chem of art last year they asked for a complete description of one prac, an elaborate concoction of reagents in a redox experiment with safety considerations etc.

If you want to see what kinds of questions get asked on pracs, see the trials from last year and the Success One book.

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
Our school gives us the aim/method for all the pracs we need to do in what we call a "syllabus booklet" which also contains questions based on each dot point in that part of the syllabus. It's a fantastic resource and makes a great study aid come exam time.
do you think you would be able to scan/photocopy/something this booklet for us? I know it would be a great help for me. It'd be greatly appreciated if you did.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)