Pracs (1 Viewer)

Saintly Devil

Does anyone have their HSC prac papers, or remember what they had to do? I mean the big prac, which goes toward the HSC assessment.

Because, i really stuffed up in the prelim one, and was wondering if anyone had any others just to be at least a little prepared.

Thanks

Rahul

Dead Member
i am in a similar position....i have a prac test coming up in a weeks time.....i am thinking of looking at all the pracs in the text books that i have....and see which ones i havent done at school, the teacher may use that one

this can be helpful as he really likes using the jac book.....but we use the context ones ourselves....so i am going to go thru the pracs in jac to prepare....and yes u can prepare for practical tests

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
hsc pracs? there are no pracs for the actual hsc is there? please tell me no because i WILL freak out! i hate pracs!!

well yeah we have pracs for all science that we do during the exam period. i will post them up here or the bos site when i get it back.. which will be sometime next term..

you should use stuff from the jac book as well as the surfing books... pretty neat stuff in there.

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
ah alright kool!

*sigh of relief*

thats what i wanted to hear :)

SoFTuaRiaL

i had 3 questions for my pracs :
1) the pendulum-gravity thingey ... using a pendulum to find g = 9.8. ..
2) graph-drawing relating to v,u,a,t etc ...
3) we had a model of a dc electric motor in front of us. we had to identiy it, draw a diagram, label parts and explain its working. ac motor was asked for other students ...

its surprising u ppl have ur prac exams now ! we had it as a part of trials, which meant more to study for the prac .... :mad1:

Saintly Devil

Originally posted by BlackJack
Hmmm... you won't do pracs in the actual hsc exams in october. :) You just have to write about them.
No......I mean the ones that are part of the internal assessment. We have this prac exam after the trials which counts towards 20% of our total internal assessment. This is just one prac, which is NOT in any of our textbooks and it counts towards this huge amount, so i was wondering if anyone had any similar prac, since i would really like to practice them - i got like 50% in the prelm for it.

It's supposed to test practical skills and such, so they give us one on the day which we haven't done before.

Anyone have anything similar?

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
yeah thats what we get too... pracs that we NEVER did in class, or discussed them. yeah i will give u a copy of my prac that i get for my exams, but my exams are not until next term.. so by the time i get them back you would of done your exams already.

yeah dont worry, i am horrible at pracs as well, i can do them in class, but in exam condition, its pretty darn stressful.

Huy

HSC
N/A
in that case

ALL our physics ones are pracs!

besides 1 prelim one we did (oral presentation)

i thought you meant pracs that are completed under 'exam conditions' as such.

but all our physics assessments (internal) are prac-based/investigations.

we get all our pracs on the first day, year 11
so it's about 8 pracs all up

(one due per term or thereabouts)

but nobody talks about it,
you can't really ask for help,
so you have to do it yourself,
plan it yourself,
do everything,

discussion comes after they've been handed back,
we get feedback, etc

for chem though, we get theory/prac based
so i'm pretty good with the theory-aspect

:: SHERV ::

All the pracs you do in class count towards your HSC, each prac is about 1% of your final mark and around 12% all together for pracs done in class. U may also have to do a prac in exam conditions, the teachers will do something in front of everyone and u'll have to record everything and write it up in about an hour, this will be an unseen prac.

Also, we get a choice of choosing the best 12 pracs to use for our final mark so u can screw up to a small extent.

Snapwizard

Snapy
HSC
Boy i hate pracs, its really going to kill me!!!
I came last at the pre-lim physics prac and i still have that sinking felling!!!:( :(

Twintip

Originally posted by :: SHERV ::
All the pracs you do in class count towards your HSC, each prac is about 1% of your final mark and around 12% all together for pracs done in class. U may also have to do a prac in exam conditions, the teachers will do something in front of everyone and u'll have to record everything and write it up in about an hour, this will be an unseen prac.

Also, we get a choice of choosing the best 12 pracs to use for our final mark so u can screw up to a small extent.
Maybe for you but for most schools that is not the case. One of our internal assessments is a prac, we've already done it, it was a motors and generators prac focussing on back emf worth 15%.

Last edited:

t-i-m-m-y

HSC
for us pracs don't count.. only for class marks which goes onto reports for our parents.

we have big asst pracs that form part of assessment tasks which in turn is internal asst but in the real HSC exams u just gotta know the pracs.. ur not gonna be swinging pendulums at each other in the exam room

btw i've done quite well in both prac assts just lost 1 mark i think? for the first one

+:: $i[Q]u3 ::+

Jaded Member
HSC
haha.. i'm pretty gay at pracs.. which is why i'm happy that i did my last prac assessment last term :D only data processing tasks left (whoohoo~!! ^^)

but the pracs won't be too much of a surprise, unless ur teachers decide to get nasty.. (or "creative" >.<)

if u've revised your theory well enough then it should wing ya thru the prac

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
there are only three or four pracs at the maximum, that can be used for each topic, besides you should receive prac assessment information before the exam date. Basically work on writing reliabilty and validity for the prac (huge marks) and it helps to go over the results/analysis of the same prac you did in class so you dont waste times during the prac.

Saintly Devil

no, our final pracs (the pracs we're tested on) are very vaguely related to the theory.

They are out-of-the-blue questions (i.e. we don't do them as part of class, and they don't come out of the textbook) which are supposed to test practical skills. They're very hard (IMO). Which is why i was wondering whether anybody had any......

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)