predictions? (1 Viewer)

HSC
hey, have you guys made any predictions for what is likely to come up this year?

punk_tartan

HSC
i rekon DNA will be in forensic.. there was nothing on it in last yeras paper. and they wil ask somthing on emission spectra and prolly carbohydrates... the difference between animals and plant carbohydrates

HSC
yeah dna prob, i am not sure if they'll ask chromotography, or if they do i doubt it'll be the essay ques as it has been asked alot in the last couple of years.

punk_tartan

HSC
poodoorfan said:
how do you determine amino acids and peptides from proteins????
amino acids are joined together by reaction between the amine group (NH2) and the carboxylic group. This bond is called peptide bond Two amino acids are a dipeptide, three are a dipeptide, and many (prolly about 100) are a polypeptide. Many polypeptides join together yo form proteins, so protiens are thousands of amino acids joined togteher by peptide bonds

poodoorfan

oh ok then thats simple i know that stuff, i hate it when they word q's funny and make them hard to understand. thanks though

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
punk_tartan said:
amino acids are joined together by reaction between the amine group (NH2) and the carboxylic group. This bond is called peptide bond Two amino acids are a dipeptide, three are a dipeptide, and many (prolly about 100) are a polypeptide. Many polypeptides join together yo form proteins, so protiens are thousands of amino acids joined togteher by peptide bonds
BOTH two and three amino acids are called dipeptides? or is that a typo?

poodoorfan

i think it was just a typo two amino acids are dipeptide and three are tripeptide, (lol something i actually know haha)

and im far from a chem freak lol, i struggle to understand simple stuff as you could see by my stupid question

only 3 more days an it'll all be done ahhhhhhhhhhhhh the freedom of no more chemistry ever again

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)