• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

preference change (1 Viewer)

confusador

HSC
N/A
Ok so i have read all the answers about preference changing but I'm still confused.

I changed my original preferences before the main round offer.
My original #1 is now #4 because I didn't think I had a chance to get an offer for it.

So I got and offer for my second preference.

Now it appears that if I left my preferences the way they were I may have got it ( there are EAS points involved here) because the cut off was nearly 4 points lower then expected.

If i accept my offer for my #2 preference and I change my prefernces back to the way they were originally i.e. #4 now becomes #1 will I be considered for it in the February round??

I ask this because I thought that if you accepted a higher preference in the main round then you wouldn't be considered for your lower preferernces in the next round even if you changed them.

Please help

ajdlinux

Mod: ANU, ATAR/HSC Marks
HSC
The only reason you won't be considered in the late rounds is if you receive an offer for your 1st preference in the early and main rounds. Even then, if you change your preferences before the February preference date you'll be considered.

In your case you were offered #2, so you'll definitely be considered for the February and Final Rounds. Go ahead and change those preferences!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)