• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Preference (1 Viewer)

hApPy1

HSC
So I'm havin a bit of trouble understanding some thing here- in regards to preferences in applying in UAC- if there are two courses that are completely different but exact same UAI--*and I know which I want to do more so obviously IT will go first….how does this work when they figure out what to offer me. Eg. The UAI is 91 for arts/Law and also 91 for Communications and Media/Law …if i don’t make this cut off of 91…do BOTH preferences get ruled out?

Ie. Am I wasting space by putting two degrees (tho different) with the same UAI?

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
You have to remember that courses with equal cut-offs this year probably won't have equal cut-offs next year.

Always follow this rule when listing preferences:

List courses in order of your desire to get into them, regardless of cut-offs.

For example, the following is NOT stupid:

1) Bachelor of X at Uni of Y - 90
2) Bachelor of U at uni of V - 95

Courses can fall by 5 UAI points as much as they can increase by 5.

There are some exceptions. I'm in the predicament that I want one course which has a cut-off of about 85, but as a lower preference wantt a course with a cut-off of 99. This 99 course has a static cut-off - it doesn't change each year. Basically this means I have to decide whether I want the 85 course or the 99 course. If I want the 85 course, it WILL be a waste of a preference to list the 99 course. However, if I want the 99 course, then I should list it as my first preference.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)