• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Prelim Eng (1 Viewer)

C_master

HSC
Hi there

Just hopping on here to ask how yall prepared/preparing for prelims English especially for essays

Memorise? Write base essays/adapt? Just mem quotes? remember important ideas/concepts? thesis..etc

spiderfan44

HSC
Hi there

Just hopping on here to ask how yall prepared/preparing for prelims English especially for essays

Memorise? Write base essays/adapt? Just mem quotes? remember important ideas/concepts? thesis..etc
i just memorized quotes but i got a 65/100 lol. try see if you can get feedback from a different english teacher, especially if your own english teacher isnt too experienced. also practise writing thesis statements based on the keywords from ur rubric

tigerian

HSC
N/A
Hi there

I take it you are aware that we mark essays that aren’t memorised better than those who are memoraised . As a marker it’s not difficult to spot an essay written from memore .. you are no doubt aware I trust that the hsc and preliminary English are written to prevent students memorising essays but rather analyse on the spot

IhateEnglish123

HSC
Hi there

i just memorised an essay word for word and got a 95% it all depends on how well you can answer the question on the day, you only memorise quotes if you start like the night before and dont have enough time for the full essay even though one night should be enough to memorise 1000 words if you arent a retard

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)