Prelim Maths Ext vs HSC Maths Ext? (1 Viewer)

bugra

HSC
N/A
How much harder is HSC extension maths than preliminary? I'm doing ok in prelim extension, but some topics I find really challenging and it takes up more time than advanced. Also, what are the topics like in terms of enjoyment (relative enjoyment ofc lol)
Because of how my school does senior years I have my prelim exams this week, so I'll update with my results when I get them
Just wanting to know considering I'll have the option to drop next week.
Thanks

Epicman69

HSC
How much harder is HSC extension maths than preliminary? I'm doing ok in prelim extension, but some topics I find really challenging and it takes up more time than advanced. Also, what are the topics like in terms of enjoyment (relative enjoyment ofc lol)
Because of how my school does senior years I have my prelim exams this week, so I'll update with my results when I get them
Thanks
The difficulty level remains pretty much the same, and since schools do their topics all in different orders I will say that personally, I found the entire course very enjoyable with the exception of Perms and Combs and a little bit of stats. Also, you do not need to drop immediately, I would recommend just seeing how it goes for you during your HSC year and then deciding whether MX1 is worth keeping or not.

tito981

HSC
Thanks
dont worry too much about marks in prelim, just focus on getting a good schedule and on understanding your study strengths. Ext math doesnt have a drastic change in difficulty as others have said. I will say that studying for exams in yr 12 is less hectic than yr 11, as its not a years content crammed into 3 terms, rather you get a lot of breaks and time to digest and understand content, which ends up making year 12 easier than yr 11 imo.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)