Prelim Study Notes (1 Viewer)

slowjam10

HSC
Hey, im starting to write out study notes because we are having a test in week 9 on:

Basic Legal Notions
Sources of Law
The Constitutional System in Australia

In the sources of law section there is a section on aboriginal law, how much do we actually have to know about this section. I have a habit of writing study notes that are overboard but like even if i include extra info i just read the important parts but how many pages would you expect notes to be after a term of work on these three topics.

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
Depends on your school, I know at mine we wouldn't have needed to know much, if anything about Aborigines because our teacher never tested us on Aborigines and their customary law, while your school might have Aborigines in it. Just know things like the basics of their customary law, and cases such as Mabo and Wik, and the concept of 'terra nullius'.

monzza

HSC
N/A
heyz well for aboriginal law all we really need to know was the definition of terra nullius and all the custom's related to law ( so thats just recieving judgment by their elders) and their effectiveness, cases to surport some arguments which you may be asked so just know the mabo and wikki case case very good and you should be fine.
you'll just need to define between differnt laws and the processes so the process of a bill being passed for the legislative law. ( you need to remember the stages/process) you need to know where the law's origin so from the British Monarchy, the year it the constituion formed ummm and just stuff like that and something about the queen that was like a main thing but can't remember atm sorry i hope this have been helpful. Summarys should be about 3 pgs maybe but in point forms. i don;t know it will varry from person to person. cheers

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)