• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

preliminary/main round confusion (1 Viewer)

Calla

HSC
Hello, im eligible for an offer in the preliminary rounds (UTS) as i have been judged on criteria other than solely UAI and also i think i have a good chance of getting in.

I havent recieved an offer yet, and at the interview in december, they told me that on the 4th of Jan i would know if i got in or not. However i called UTS and they said that they just bunch all the applicants and dispatch all offers at main round (Jan 17) and not on the 4th.

So im a bit confused...haS anyone else recieved an offer for a design course at UTS ?

thanks

hellomike

HSC
Calla, as you know I am in the same boat as you but it is the 17th. All school leavers and non school leavers receive offers in the main round. The lady at the interview said mid-jan so I knew it was 17th. I think it would have been too early to give offers already.

Calla

HSC
thank god....im really depending on being accepted....i mean even tafe sent me a letter saying i have minimal chance of being accepted. And just recently i found out that its coz i applied on the last day and that tafe is sorta a first come first serve thing so i dont get the deal with that ....but good luck

hellomike

HSC
Are you doing a degree currently? Yeah the thing with Tafe is you need to apply early ; you had minimal chance of gaining a place because you applied on the last day, not because of your marks. Just making sure that you know this to make you less stressed out lol. Did you also apply for DFE? I did - I remember that there may be a number of vacancies.

Calla

HSC
hellomike said:
Are you doing a degree currently? Yeah the thing with Tafe is you need to apply early ; you had minimal chance of gaining a place because you applied on the last day, not because of your marks. Just making sure that you know this to make you less stressed out lol. Did you also apply for DFE? I did - I remember that there may be a number of vacancies.

Yeah im doing B Business UTS. I didnt know tafe was a first come first serve thing until a friend told me it is - since there arent prerequisites to meet and pretty much anyone can get in. But then at the same token they also have an elaborate acceptance scheme much like UTS with the interviews and portfolio assessement, so then whats the point...i dont get it.

btw whats DFE lol

hellomike

HSC
You choosing TAFE was a definitely no no. If you went to TAFE that would have meant you having to get a diploma. It's better to be in the system. DFE is short for Domestic Fee Paying.

Calla

HSC
In all cases i will try to get into uni...so if i dont get into uni this year, hopefully i'll get into tafe and then apply for uni next year...isnt that what ur hoping to do in a worst case scenario

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)