premier's/all rounders award (1 Viewer)

townie88

HSC
I was wondering if firstly, you recieve an all rounders award if u dont get over 90 in english, and secondly, if u do an accelerated course such as mathematics (2u) and get a mark over 90 and then do ext 2 the next year and get a mark over 90 for both ext 1 and ext 2, so that it would be a mark over 90 in 6 units of maths? ne help?

uraleech

HSC
yes, you can get a premier's award without band 6 in english.

no, you can't count 6 units of maths.

dawso

needmorecustomstatusspace
HSC
Steinway said:
no - you can't get a premier's award without a band 6 in english... that is, if you only do 2 units of english. The reason is because 2 units of english always counts, and to be in all rounders, you need to get at least 10 units all with a mark over 90, which includes the 2 units of eng.

I'm not sure if they count your 2u maths if you end up doing ext2.

lol, dude....u hav no idea what ur talking about, i know for a fact that u dont have to include english for the all rounders

i got 82 in english and i got all rounders, the school must get a list cause i had to go in2 school last week for a photo shoot, if u dont beleive me grab urself a copy of the illawarra mercury from last saturday....

A l

HSC
N/A
townie88 said:
I was wondering if firstly, you recieve an all rounders award if u dont get over 90 in english
An All Rounder is a student who scores a band 6 in at least 10 units of their studies in their selected courses. English does NOT have to be one of them.
townie88 said:
if u do an accelerated course such as mathematics (2u) and get a mark over 90 and then do ext 2 the next year and get a mark over 90 for both ext 1 and ext 2, so that it would be a mark over 90 in 6 units of maths? ne help?
If you scored band 6 in accelerated Mathematics, as well as Mathematics Extension 1 and Mathematics Extension 2, then that accounts for 4 units in total. If you did the 2 unit Mathematics HSC then this would probably account for 2 units while the Extensions account for 1 unit each. Most people would NOT have completed the 2 unit Mathematics HSC if they did 4 units of Mathematics, thus the Extension 1 and Extension 2 must account for 2 units each. However, if you did do the 2 unit Mathematics HSC, that accounts for 2 units while Mathematics Extension 1 accounts for an extra 1 unit and Mathematics Extension 2 accounts for another extra 1 unit. Remember that the unit value (study time/indicative hours) of all Extension courses is 1 unit. In the special case of Mathematics, if one did not complete the HSC 2 unit course, but completed the HSC Extension 1 and HSC Extension 2 course, then both Extensions count for 2 units each (double their normal value) since the 2 unit HSC was not completed in regards to assessments. If one had completed the HSC 2 unit course as well as the HSC Extension 1 course and the HSC Extension 2 course, then the Extensions are regarded in terms of their normal value (1 unit each). This is the case as far as I'm aware.....
In a nutshell, that means you have to get band E4 for Mathematics Extension 1 AND Mathematics Extension 2 to score it all in 4 units. If you fail to do so in one of them then it would only be 3 units that would have 90+. If you fail to do so in both of them, then it would only be 2 units that would have 90+.

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
On a slightly different note, does anyone know when the presentation for the Premier's Awards is on?

dawso

needmorecustomstatusspace
HSC
~ ReNcH ~ said:
On a slightly different note, does anyone know when the presentation for the Premier's Awards is on?
no idea, hopefully i get invite to it but, unlike stupid uow people ..."here are the students who received the top marks in the illawarra region, everyone appluad them"...."but i got higher uai and premiers awards, how r they the top"....."cause theyre comin 2 uow"...."um...uve already given me a scholarship"..."yeah but....ok, we forgot u :("

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
Some time late February, or at least for last year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)