• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Preparation for trials (1 Viewer)

jonhysmitw2

HSC
What are you guys doing to prepare for your trials day to day?

carrotsss

HSC
Just lots of past trial papers and then thoroughly revising my mistakes from the trial papers

jonhysmitw2

HSC
Just lots of past trial papers and then thoroughly revising my mistakes from the trial papers
Are you doing the entire 3 hours of a past paper in one sitting closed book and with time? Or are you just doing sections at a time?

mmmmmmmmaaaaaaa

HSC
Are you doing the entire 3 hours of a past paper in one sitting closed book and with time? Or are you just doing sections at a time?
Yes closed book and timed (like exam conditions) would be best, or you can work towards it through doing exam untimed, timed but open book etc.

carrotsss

HSC
all at once closed book unless I get interrupted for something in which case I just pause the timer

dav53521

HSC
How are you guys studying for English
I would say firstly create a quote bank of quotes with analysis and other stuff like you think you'll need. To do this you should use your and/or other people's notes/annotations to help you with this process.

Also I would recommend looking through your past assignments for year 12 and look at the feedback you got which will give you a good idea of what went well/bad. Then do practice HSC/Trial questions/papers (for each module) and submit them to your teacher for feedback. Plus if you don't understand anything from your texts try to see if you can meet with your teacher or get resources from them to help you fill gaps in your knowledge and if you don't understand your feedback or want more detailed feedback again talk to your teacher.

I personally found that in year 12 having a good rapport with your teacher can help a lot (if your teacher is good and is willing to help their students) as personally in year 12 I found that using my teachers for marking/feedback, getting more detailed feedback and filling gaps in my knowledge was incredibly useful and helped me significantly especially for English.

indeed

HSC
I would say firstly create a quote bank of quotes with analysis and other stuff like you think you'll need. To do this you should use your and/or other people's notes/annotations to help you with this process.

Also I would recommend looking through your past assignments for year 12 and look at the feedback you got which will give you a good idea of what went well/bad. Then do practice HSC/Trial questions/papers (for each module) and submit them to your teacher for feedback. Plus if you don't understand anything from your texts try to see if you can meet with your teacher or get resources from them to help you fill gaps in your knowledge and if you don't understand your feedback or want more detailed feedback again talk to your teacher.

I personally found that in year 12 having a good rapport with your teacher can help a lot (if your teacher is good and is willing to help their students) as personally in year 12 I found that using my teachers for marking/feedback, getting more detailed feedback and filling gaps in my knowledge was incredibly useful and helped me significantly especially for English.
Oh ok thank you

howcanibesmarter

HSC
howd u think u went??
- english went smoothy, im hoping for like a 94/100, honestly 92+ im happy with
- 3u maths was yikes, i threw so hard LOL my rank is definitely dropping... If i were to predict ill be like somewhere just below median which isnt that good considering i did well last term (prolly in the low 70s)
- 4u maths was alright, i didnt study that much beforehand lol cus my morale after 3u was just destroyed. still i think i got higher raw mark for 4u than 3u, which means my rank is definitely increasing. tho i dont really care about 4u cus my previous mark after being scaled is still higher atar equiv to some of my other subjects (high 70s or maybe low 80s)
- engineering went fine i think, there was some parts which i just didnt know how to do, probably high 70s too but the teachers said this test was lethal so who knows. I think i got above median tho prolly rank7ish out of 22 just a guess (could be entirely wrong)
- phys is tmrw :) im definitely climbing cus no way im dropping my ranks further lol (phys is my worst rn, just want a band 6 and ill be happy)

nsw..wollongong

😍😍
HSC
- english went smoothy, im hoping for like a 94/100, honestly 92+ im happy with
- 3u maths was yikes, i threw so hard LOL my rank is definitely dropping... If i were to predict ill be like somewhere just below median which isnt that good considering i did well last term (prolly in the low 70s)
- 4u maths was alright, i didnt study that much beforehand lol cus my morale after 3u was just destroyed. still i think i got higher raw mark for 4u than 3u, which means my rank is definitely increasing. tho i dont really care about 4u cus my previous mark after being scaled is still higher atar equiv to some of my other subjects (high 70s or maybe low 80s)
- engineering went fine i think, there was some parts which i just didnt know how to do, probably high 70s too but the teachers said this test was lethal so who knows. I think i got above median tho prolly rank7ish out of 22 just a guess (could be entirely wrong)
- phys is tmrw :) im definitely climbing cus no way im dropping my ranks further lol (phys is my worst rn, just want a band 6 and ill be happy)
well donee!! good job for english (arguably one of the most important to do well in)!

graceluvsA's

HSC
How are you guys studying for English
I write the essay, send it to my teacher, apply her feedback until it's PERFECT, then make flashcards/note cards like for a speech and I record myself reading out the essay and listen and read it for a couple of times then start writing it while looking at it and then writing it without looking at it undertime then apply it to different questions. You're probably gonna be traumatised like me but to ace English you have to think about it all the fucking time. I do this with all my subjects, I am so traumatised and sick of my own voice reading essays.

indeed

HSC
I write the essay, send it to my teacher, apply her feedback until it's PERFECT, then make flashcards/note cards like for a speech and I record myself reading out the essay and listen and read it for a couple of times then start writing it while looking at it and then writing it without looking at it undertime then apply it to different questions. You're probably gonna be traumatised like me but to ace English you have to think about it all the fucking time. I do this with all my subjects, I am so traumatised and sick of my own voice reading essays.
Oh ok quite unique way of prep 👍 thanks for advice

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)