• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Preparing exam notes and pens/pencils? (1 Viewer)

dissipate

HSC
N/A
how long on average does it take you to prepare notes for a subject? do you do it checklist style or have facts, ratios and important obiter around topics or? i'm wondering what works for different people...

also, is it safe to write exam answers in pencil? i find it easier to write fast in pencil - it's kind of softer on the hands compared to pens. and what are good, soft, comfortable pens to write with?

michaeln36

HSC
I love the "Pentel BK83" 1.0mm from officeworks.. its what i use in my english (yr 12) exams and i write HEAPS! (like 1400+ words per 40 min essay)!

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
uni-ball 0.5mm Vision Elites blue-black for me...

and yes, it takes ages, but i do it on the computer.

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
The only thing I liked about Torts was what it taught me about preparing for law exams. It was partially open book (1 double sided A4 page) testing common law + CLA, so my friends and I basically made a systematic 'cheat sheet' with the steps for each tort, cases and sections of CLA. This time Criminal is just open book which means I can have more than one page which helps :). This method worked for me because summarising it into one page helped me concrete it in my mind and have back up just in case.

I just use those papermate click pens <3 them

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)