prevent popups in a site (1 Viewer)

:: ck ::

Actuarial Boy
HSC
ok heres the thing, ive copied a webtemplate to do my project

http://members.iinet.net.au/~rchiu/solaris/

for some reason every 5 or 10 minutes this stupid popup goes to the creators site...

okok i know wot im doing is wrong but does any1 know any form of javascript/html/wotever code to prevent a popup from occurring from a page >.<

the popup mite be trigged in the flash... the thing is all i have is a swf not a fla file of the flash...

p.s : dont say its wrong to do this its just the same as downloading illegal software!

Fosweb

I could be your Doctor...
HSC
you mean the web template is the flash thing?

You can easily get flash decompliers. i used one before sometime, because i liked the 'black and white' scrolling movie thing so much i just had to steal it (but i never did end up using the movie for anything.) I think i have used one called DeFlash? (can't really remember now)

This one looks interesting: (And it says it supports MX too) http://discovervalue.com/flash_decompiler

DeFlash seems to be gone from everywhere? Maybe you can find it on kazaa.

Just hit google with "Flash Decompiler"

Just as a side note - i've now had the site open for about 10 mins, and i havent had any popups. (Maybe TweakXP does work with its Popup Killer? It usually does absolutely nothing)

Fosweb

HSC
As a note: when you do decompile it, you will be looking to take out any actionscript that opens another window, and the only way i can think of flash doing this (unless they changed it in MX) is by calling a bit of javascript to open a new window.

So alternatively, if you were instructed to place any jscript files on the server along with the template, have a look in them for code that opens a new window.

Actuarial Boy
HSC
hmm the only thing available in the template is a basic html page, an swf file and txt files (to add ur content).....

ok ill check out the flash decompiler thanks!

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by Soliah
....and generally any broswer other than IE ;)
that will be supported in next release
although IE is ended, IE 6.0 is supposedly the last generation of IE, as the new version of Windows soon to hit BETA phase, namely Longhorn, will make the MSN browser as the default browser, which supports blocking of pop-ups, but this is still a speculation, as the roadmap for windows is changing rapidly

Fosweb

HSC
Grr and dammit to Microsoft and their attempt to take over the world.

But I think ryan wanted to stop the specific site from generating popups. Did you get anywhere?
Did that decompiler work?

Actuarial Boy
HSC
i downloaded a "full version" *i bought it* decompiler (the one u mentioned)

yet it doesn't convert to fla only exports the flash images and shows u the scripts used... in otherwords it doesnt really do much but tell u techniques

dont worry ill live with the popups :)

Fosweb

HSC
thats unfortunate. the one i used to have (I have no idea where it's gone...) used to be good.

Actuarial Boy
HSC
lol perhaps macromedia sued them or something

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)