• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Previous Employment... (1 Viewer)

leathaface

Has anyone put down the name of the employer on their CVs that they got fired in? This question applies to those who has been in a job in which they were fired at.

I'm looking for another job, because I was just fired today... or at least I think because it wasn't straight forward, and the term "just leave you uniform here" meant "your fired!" (or so I was told), I need work experiences and therefore I'm deciding whether to put it down or not since I haven't got much work experience and i'm thinking of applying casual at a clothing store.

ezzy85

hmm...yeah.....
HSC
N/A
depending on the kind of job youre looking for, employers dont always call up the referees. but its still a risk.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
yeah i don't know if i would, if they're going to tell the new employer awful things about you then it might be better not to, but it will be harder to get a job withough experience

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
I wouldn't because if you got fired, your previous employer isn't exactly going to be full of high praise about you are they? But if you've been let go for something other than a firable offence, such as being made redundant or they've downsized.... then include it because the reasons for you not working there anymore weren't in your control and you've got nothing to hide.

leathaface

Raiks said:
I wouldn't because if you got fired, your previous employer isn't exactly going to be full of high praise about you are they? But if you've been let go for something other than a firable offence, such as being made redundant or they've downsized.... then include it because the reasons for you not working there anymore weren't in your control and you've got nothing to hide.

Yes That's exactly the reason why I don't have work for a while, because they told me that their roster is full and that they don't need me as of the moment. I have just handed in a resume for a casual job out in the city as it is close to TAFE as well... I put down about 21.5 hours per week avaliable hours, is this good enough for Casual?

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Once again, it depends on the situation you got fired in. You could always say you left because you weren't getting enough hours, and then just hope they don't ring your previous employer... another idea is to get a job somewhere that you don't need experience (e.g. telemarking place, they will basically hire anyone)... then you can start looking for work at somewhere better... it's easier to get a job when you have a job. That way you can say that you are currently employed at soandso place, but you hate it and are trying to find something better lol.

But, this is not to be a bitch, perhaps you should think about the way you worked, your attitude and downfalls in the workplace... was there something your boss constantly chided you about? I'm not saying that there is necessarily a reason for you having your hours cut back, but you may just want to think about what you could have done better at your previous job so that you will perform better at your new job. Please don't take this the wrong way, I am just a big believer in learning from past experiences...

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)